BRAINofDOOM

Ok, Mike. I joined.

;D

I'll get to work.
  [img]

Dan_N

blueskirt

Woo! I just received my copy! :D

*Puts on top of precariously long pile of games to play and comic books to read*

Ionias

Quote from: BlueSkirt on Mon 02/04/2007 21:38:04

*Puts on top of precariously long pile of games to play and comic books to read*

You have that problem too? I'm still puzzled why I purchase more comics than I can possibly read. At times I'll find myself spending more time hunting for new ones than I do actually reading the ones I already have!

m0ds

Mike, does this mean the free online versions need to be shut-down?

Ionias

No, not at all.

I released the original game as abandon-ware so it can stay that way. Just so long as it remains a free download. If people can't afford the new version and just want to play the original version of the game there's no reason to stop them. Naturally I'd prefer to make a little cash to help fund the new project, so if you can afford it by all means purchase a copy! :)

alcoatjez

@Ionas: Is the game still being sold? I always get a SQL error when I try to visit it.
I played the free version of Fatman a long time ago, but I would just love to have this version :)

Ionias

At this exact moment in time no the game is not being sold. I’m going through a divorce at the moment and needless to say all the fun financial problems that go along with it. Just as soon as all that is sorted out you can be assured I’ll be back in business.

alcoatjez

I understand, of course. Sorry to hear that.
Thanks for your quick reply anyway.

Dave Gilbert

Hello!  I know this is an old thread but I figured this update warrants it.

Ionas has graciously allowed me to sell the Special Edition of Fatman on his behalf.  You can now purchase the game on the Wadjet Eye Games website for $9.99 (originally $14.99).

This game will mark the first of what I'm calling "recommended games."  I'm going to be adding a new indie commercial adventure game to the website every two weeks.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Ionas for this opportunity.  Fatman really blazed the trail for indie adventure games like mine, and it's a real honor to be the one to bring it back.

m0ds

Cool! Yeah I got blazed on a trail when I worked on Fatman too. Good times!! I really should talk to him about updating all the MIDI's in that old game, they need it. Did Ionias bring you any news of Fatman 2??

Look forward to the next recomendation. Diamonds in the Rough? Hauntings of Mystery Manor? The Shivah SE with FMV? :P

Candle

Just bought my copy :)
Thank you for selling it.

Snake

Quote from: Dave GilbertoI'm going to be adding a new indie commercial adventure game to the website every two weeks.
Heh, pending that there IS a new indie commercial adventure every two weeks ;)

Whenever I get some spare money, I'm sure to get this. I haven't yet and have been looking forward to buying this at some point... along with MANY others.

Thanks for the news, Dave.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Dave Gilbert

There're enough indie adventure games to last me at least two months.  After that I'll have to start digging.  They are out there, but most of them flew in under the radar.

m0ds

Necro post warning for me but 6 years later (or 12) and Fatman is back (whatever happened to your "friends games" page Dave?) being passed around like a back door man... Now he's available to own on Steam. Yes you can still find the game for free in a lot of places but your ownership of the game on Steam though is kind & supports SOCKO! (Mike) and Screen 7 and means there may be more adventures out of Fatman yet...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/395250

Although your usual human-AGS events have occurred in the meantime (like no source code anymore) meaning some things like achievements and in-game updates (compiling with newer AGS) couldn't happen, it does come with MP3 soundtrack in Steam > Music and trading cards, plus the built in developer commentary feature and the special features menu and extras and of course, if at any point those other items can be added in somehow, they will be.

A few keys, some "encrypted" lol and some not, so grab them whilst you can. I'll put up a few more soon.

Spoiler

... for vendetta
?JLH5-7PI93-ZZZTF

planet ...arth
?4JJP-CPIXE-2CG6A

You and ...
?96D2-37RMT-DH6FT

4QF3A-95GX8-DDFVM
96DRA-QPMQ4-H24TW
[close]

Mike tinkered with mobile gaming in recent years I believe, but has been known to throw the word "sequel" around here and there ;) Thanks to him for allowing me it in our Steam catalogue (and elsewhere soon enough) and hope it can give some folks some new (or old) enjoyment.

Amayirot Akago

Claimed the first key, thanks Mods :) Heard a lot about this game over the years so it's about time I checked it out.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

LimpingFish

4QF3A-95GX8-DDFVM <-----Took this one!  ;-D

It'll be interesting to see this game again, especially after so long.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Tabata

Superkumi

Frodo

Mods, can you submit the game to GOG< so we can get it DRM-free?  A lot of people would love to see it there.

Please?  Pretty Please?  :cheesy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk