The Adventures of Fatman, Special Edition! available on Steam

Started by Ionias, Sat 10/05/2003 19:53:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Ionias

SOCKO! Entertainment re-presents:

Click on the above image to visit the Steam store page

The Adventures of Fatman, Special Edition.

AND NOW RE-RE-PRESENTED BY SCREEN 7
ON STEAM: http://store.steampowered.com/app/395250

Tired of being ordinary?
Feel an overwhelming desire to save the world?
Tired of wearing your underwear inside your pants?

Then rejoin our hero Fatman as he attempts to save the day in this re-mastering of my original game. Some additions include, an all new alternate ending re-voiced by Grundislav, a new revamped GUI with a much easier to use EXIT pop-up mouse mode, new backgrounds, easter eggs, increase of the default walking speed, and bug fixes galore! Yes, that annoying doughnut world bug has been squashed!

Update: March 23, 2007

I have given The Adventures of Fatman a complete revamp and decided to re-release it as a special edition. I've also got plans for a sequel. That means SOCKO! Entertainment is back online! Come visit me at www.socko1.com (mod note: site is currently down) to see what's going down, see you there!

Adamski

Hoooly cow. Buying this, I shall be. When my paycheck has been cashed, I will.

Barcik

I'll just wait for the game to appear in warez sites.......

Err, I mean.....

;)

Edit: Well, the intro looks promising.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

scotch

If I have any money left once mittens is payed for then I'm definately getting this.  Looks great :)

Matt Brown

normally, I dont buy games online...however, (b/c this is made in AGS, and its good) I might make an exception here. although I'll wait a while.
word up

Chrille

Great game, Mike. Highly recommended :)

Can't wait for your next game!
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

jannar85

Hey Ionias,
looking great.

I'm definitely going to buy this game, as soon as I get money into my account and such :)

Love you for completing this game! :D

** edit **
I'll buy it next week, I guess :)
Hope you can get a lot of sales on this one.
Btw... It won't come boxed, will it? :P
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Ionias

Thanks for the support. I thought folks would hang me alive for wanting to make a profit at this bag. :)

Normal orders will get a printed cd in a sleeve. However, you folks going to mittens will have a chance to win a shrink-wrapped, jewel case, signed copy of the game. Ask m0ds for details. ;)

remixor

Finally!  ;)  The demo is awesome! I'm going to buy the full game as soon as I get a bit of spare cash.  Congrats Ionas! :)

And how is one "hanged alive"?  Is that different from regular hanging?

And btw, where is your server located, out of curiosity?  The 35MB voice pack downloaded in less than two minutes for me  :o

EDIT: what's your estimate for how long shipping will take?  I was just about to order the game, then I realized it if takes longer than about two weeks, I'll have to have it sent to a different address.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Pet Terry

:o

I'm going to order this after I learn how PayPal works! :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

wOoDz

Quote from: remixor on Sun 11/05/2003 05:49:10
And btw, where is your server located, out of curiosity?  The 35MB voice pack downloaded in less than two minutes for me  :o
i got the demo really fast, i think it started at 55kb and went to 25  ;D
the game looks really cool,i only just got past the intro i got kicked off the pc before i got chance to play :-\

Eggie

Muuuussssttt buuuuyyyyyy... :o

That swiss Army knife is the coolest thing ever!

Ionias

QuoteFinally!  ;)  The demo is awesome! I'm going to buy the full game as soon as I get a bit of spare cash.  Congrats Ionas! :)
Thanks!

QuoteAnd how is one "hanged alive"?  Is that different from regular hanging?
:) But it does sound funnier eh?

QuoteAnd btw, where is your server located, out of curiosity?  The 35MB voice pack downloaded in less than two minutes for me  :o
I'm hosted by the kind folks at adventuredevelopers.com ... I'm not positive but I think the servers are out of NYC? M0ds do you know?

QuoteEDIT: what's your estimate for how long shipping will take?  I was just about to order the game, then I realized it if takes longer than about two weeks, I'll have to have it sent to a different address.
Ok, that was a mistake on my part. I put 6-8 weeks just as a precaution. So I wouldn't get tons of emails asking ... "so like where's my CD dude!?"

I talked with most of the beta testers, whom all got free CD shipped to them. Almost everyone got the CD within 1-2 weeks. I've updated the website.

Erwin_Br

Adventure Developers is hosted by the LFNetwork. I'm not sure where the server's located, but I think it's somewhere in Connecticut, USA.

Normally our server is quite slow, to be honest :D

By the way, I loved the demo!

--Erwin
erwin@adventuredevelopers.com

remixor

Quote from: Ionias on Sun 11/05/2003 12:20:19
Ok, that was a mistake on my part. I put 6-8 weeks just as a precaution. So I wouldn't get tons of emails asking ... "so like where's my CD dude!?"

I talked with most of the beta testers, whom all got free CD shipped to them. Almost everyone got the CD within 1-2 weeks. I've updated the website.

Okay, I'm taking a chance here and ordering it now, because I want this damned game and I don't want to wait three more weeks before I order it.  Send it fast, ok!?
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Trapezoid

Ooh, I'm downloading the demo. I'd love to get the full game some time. The screenshots are excellent. They bring a new meaning to "click to enlarge" :)

m0ds

lfnetwork hasn't been working for me lately, so I've been going through ftp.mixnmojo.com again, Ionias ;)

m0ds

Ionias

Same for me m0ds, thanks for that trick. ;)

remixor: All the orders I got this weekend will be sent out on monday. Let me know how quick you get it. If your in the states I wouldn't imagine more then a few days at most.

MillsJROSS

You'll just have to wait until I get a credit card...so in a couple of months. I've been putting it off for a year, because I'm afraid I might go in debt (not really afraid, because I'm pretty good with money, but I'm afraid I'll spend more money than I would otherwise). However, I'll be getting one shortly, as my dad says its important to have good credit rather than none at all. Or you could give me the game free...which solves the problem immediatly.

-MillsJROSS

edmundito

Tell you what, I'll order it when I get my credit card. it should arrive this week  ;D

I should get it for free since I told you about Inno Setup... :P (j/k I support the arts)

---

EDIT: I've ordered it! grund told me to, plus I got a credit card :)
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk