Lose the Key after using the Doors syntax in Thumbleweed

Started by AndreasBlack, Tue 17/05/2022 10:42:00

Previous topic - Next topic

AndreasBlack

Can't see anything about it in the manual, but i've been known to be blind before so. Maybe it's there, just not written as an actual example.

How do i lose the key from the inventory forever after it's been unlocked? I've managed to do it with a weird solution, but there's gotta be a proper way to do it inside a normal function and not repetedly execute like i'm using.

Weird solution so far, a simply check with some synthax like "doors.getdoorstate==0")  ???

Code: ags
function hBedroom_Door_AnyClick()
{

if (Doors.AnyClickSpecial(10, oBedroom_Door.ID,  41,  116, eDirectionLeft, 1, 200, 145, eDirectionLeft, aDoor_Opened, aDoor_Closed, 10, 0) == 0)
Verbs.Unhandled() || cRain.ActiveInventory==iBedroom_Key;

function hBedroom_Door_UseInv()
{

if (cRain.ActiveInventory==iBedroom_Key)

{
  Doors.SetDoorState(10, 2);

Key_Unlocked=1;

if (Key_Unlocked==1 && !cRain.Walk(41, 121, eBlock))

{
      aDoor_Unlocked.Play();

}
}

}

//and finally........

function room_RepExec()
{
if (Key_Unlocked==1)

{

if (cRain.HasInventory(iBedroom_Key))
  {
  cRain.LoseInventory(iBedroom_Key);
  }  

}

}

Khris

With the Tumbleweed template, you're supposed to use the AnyClick event for all hotspot interactions.

Try this:
function hBedroom_Door_AnyClick() {
  // standard behavior
  if (Doors.AnyClickSpecial(10, oBedroom_Door.ID,  41,  116, eDirectionLeft, 1, 200, 145, eDirectionLeft, aDoor_Opened, aDoor_Closed, iBedroom_Key.ID, 0) == 0) Verbs.Unhandled();
  // if key was used, lose it
  if (Verbs.UsedAction(eGA_UseInv) && player.ActiveInventory == iBedroom_Key) player.LoseInventory(iBedroom_Key);
}

If the door is initially locked, using the key on it will unlock it, so we can safely assume that happened.

abstauber

To be 100% safe, you can also check, if the door has actually been unlocked.
Doors.GetDoorState(door_id) == 0

// standard behavior
  if (Doors.AnyClickSpecial(10, oBedroom_Door.ID,  41,  116, eDirectionLeft, 1, 200, 145, eDirectionLeft, aDoor_Opened, aDoor_Closed, iBedroom_Key.ID, 0) == 0) Verbs.Unhandled();
  if (Verbs.UsedAction(eGA_UseInv) && player.ActiveInventory == iBedroom_Key && Doors.GetDoorState( oBedroom_Door.ID) == 0 ) player.LoseInventory(iBedroom_Key);
}

AndreasBlack

intermittent fasting isn't to recommend either when doing this, i suppose........ :-X

edit: HAHA!!!!  (laugh) What a smart ***, added the KEYS in the ROOM LOAD. ROFL, fantastic logic!!! What did i expect? Nothing wrong with the code, like always!  (laugh) (roll)

Nahuel

Hi there guys, I was just testing some stuff and playing around and the double click button can bypass this action and the door will remain locked and the inventory will be removed.

I've just bypassed as "double click action" adding the new state

// standard behavior
  if (Verbs.UsedAction(eGA_UseInv) && player.ActiveInventory == iBedroom_Key && Doors.GetDoorState( oBedroom_Door.ID) == 0 ) {
    player.LoseInventory(iBedroom_Key);
    Doors.SetDoorState(10, 0);  // You force the door to be set closed (the action was not to open, just to unlock
  }
}

Is there anything I'm missing that I can "lock" the action of the character?

Thanks and hope it helps.
Life isn't a game. Let's develop a life-like-game.

Khris

You're passing the (arbitrary) object ID to  Doors.GetDoorState()  instead of the door id (10)

Nahuel

Quote from: Khris on Wed 31/08/2022 09:57:22
You're passing the (arbitrary) object ID to  Doors.GetDoorState()  instead of the door id (10)

I see, then the example code is wrong, thanks Khris.

if (Verbs.UsedAction(eGA_UseInv) && player.ActiveInventory == iBedroom_Key && Doors.GetDoorState( 10 ) == 0 ) player.LoseInventory(iBedroom_Key);
Life isn't a game. Let's develop a life-like-game.

Khris

Indeed, here's the fixed version for reference:

int door_id = 10;

// standard behavior
  if (Doors.AnyClickSpecial(door_id, oBedroom_Door.ID,  41,  116, eDirectionLeft, 1, 200, 145, eDirectionLeft, aDoor_Opened, aDoor_Closed, iBedroom_Key.ID, 0) == 0) Verbs.Unhandled();
  if (Verbs.UsedAction(eGA_UseInv) && player.ActiveInventory == iBedroom_Key && Doors.GetDoorState(door_id) == 0) player.LoseInventory(iBedroom_Key);
}

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk