Saturday Night is the Loneliest Night of the Week II

Started by newwaveburritos, Sun 25/09/2022 19:49:35

Previous topic - Next topic

newwaveburritos

Saturday Night is the Loneliest Night of the Week II: Sunday Morning Coming Down (Hole in the Sky)

After being sucked unwillingly into a vortex the adventure continues! Dropped unceremoniously onto an alien planet Jilly makes her escape into the unknown.  Who knows, maybe you'll make a new friend!  A short point-and-click adventure game with EGA graphics with over 500 frames of animation.  That's, like, maybe a minute!    Made in two weeks for the $106 Adventure Game Challenge.

I'll have to change the name of the "in progress" post since I popped this numbered entry right out and snaked it in line.  So, that one's now III!

heltenjon

You had me at "tut".  :-D  Will download and try it out! The stills are looking good, and I can't wait to see them move around!

heltenjon

And...played it. Very nice! While there probably was more eye candy in the first installment, I think this is the better game. This time around we get puzzles! And good ones, too, I might add. There's a fun and confusing story (that's kind of the theme of the jam, so that's okay), with plenty of humour. And of course, you do know how to make it look good.

newwaveburritos

Quote from: heltenjon on Mon 26/09/2022 00:47:59And...played it. Very nice! While there probably was more eye candy in the first installment, I think this is the better game. This time around we get puzzles! And good ones, too, I might add. There's a fun and confusing story (that's kind of the theme of the jam, so that's okay), with plenty of humour. And of course, you do know how to make it look good.

Thanks for playing!  But yeah I used a full month on the first one for MAGS and that extra time went almost exclusively to the artwork.  Stay tuned for III where I intend to balance the puzzles and eye-candy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk