AdventureJam 2022 has moved to ich.io and is about to begin

Started by fernewelten, Fri 03/06/2022 23:18:19

Previous topic - Next topic

fernewelten

Hi folks,

A short heads-up: AdventureJam 2022 is about to start on itch.io â€" not Gamejolt as in preceding years â€" over here: https://itch.io/jam/adventure-jam-2022 .

It seems that more than 700 participants have signed up already, although I doubt that several hundreds of entries will come about at the end to be voted on.

If you can come up with a flight-themed adventure (and, of course, if you write your adventure in AGS), you could perhaps double-dip and place it as an entry to MAGS June, too.

Honza

I submitted an AGS game to this one. It's kinda King's Questy, so if you're into pretty fantasy forests, you should have fun with it :).

I'll add it to the AGS database once I decide to stop updating it.

https://hvavra.itch.io/the-witchs-lullaby

Durq

Creamy

Engrossing story, fun puzzles - you killed it once again Honza!

At fullscreen the grahics look blurry but in windowed mode they are fine.

Amazing how much work you've done in just 2 weeks - even at full-time 8-0
The game feels complete.

Minor oversight:
Spoiler
Tarik keeps asking "any luck finding the key I lost?" after you found it.
[close]

Honza

Thanks, guys! And thank you for the bug report Creamy, fixed it in my local version, should be uploading it with a new update soon-ish.

heltenjon

Somehow, I've missed this. Currently, there are over 100 entries, and voting is almost finished. There seems to be many good games in here! I'll be checking out Honza's and Fernewelten's games for sure, and some others look inviting, as well.  (nod)

fernewelten

Unfortunately, I only have one tiny room to show for this year's; but, hopefully, I will be able to present a second room after the vote has ended.

Honza

The results have been out for a week and The Witch's Lullaby ranked #1 :-D! Still planning to make some updates to it, but hoping to add it to the AGS website in a foreseeable future (*hoping* being the key word ;)).

All the games in the top 10 or so are worth playing. My personal favorite is unsurprisingly The Telwynium Book Two, but there's a lot of really fun games - I can also recommend Where Wolf?, The Gay Agenda, Stowaway, Oh My God and Last Christmas.

EDIT: I almost forgot Ghost V! Liked that one a lot too, it's light on puzzles, but it has great retro sci-fi atmosphere.

heltenjon

Congratulations, Honza! Looking forward to playing it. Will eventually play all the games you mentioned...my backlog is full these days.

fernewelten

Quote from: fernewelten on Thu 14/07/2022 15:12:36
[H]opefully, I will be able to present a second room after the vote has ended.

And now I've done it. The game sports TWICE the rooms (i.e., it used to have one room, now it has a whooping two of them.) :-D 

After Ian has escaped the Park Deck, he flees to a technical space outside the tomato factory. Lots of trolleys leave that factory and head either for a freight terminal or a recycling facility, as the case may be. How can Ian use that to his advantage?

Includes two additional mini games.

Get the game from itch and tell me how far you come with the puzzles.

heltenjon

I've started playing the games, at least the AGS ones.

Fernewelten's Flight from the Robots Chapter 2 I've already commented in its own thread. Good game.

I played Honza's The Witch's Lullaby, the overall winner of the Jam. This is an amazing short/medium game. The graphics, story, music, story and characters are all top notch. I also think this one has the best pixel hunt mechanic I've ever seen. Highly recommended!

Stupot

Congratulations Honza. I’m sad to say I haven’t had a chance to check out any of the entries yet, but I will definitely get around to The Witch’s Lullaby as soon as I can.

Honza

Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 19/08/2022 00:36:51
I played Honza's The Witch's Lullaby, the overall winner of the Jam. This is an amazing short/medium game. The graphics, story, music, story and characters are all top notch. I also think this one has the best pixel hunt mechanic I've ever seen. Highly recommended!

Thanks for playing, glad you liked it!

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 19/08/2022 14:05:02
Congratulations Honza. I’m sad to say I haven’t had a chance to check out any of the entries yet, but I will definitely get around to The Witch’s Lullaby as soon as I can.

Thank you, let me know what you think once you've had a chance to play.

Furwerkstudio

These games look nice.

A side question, why is the jam being hosted on Itch.io this year instead of Gamejolt?

Honza

Quote from: Furwerkstudio on Sun 28/08/2022 14:51:10
A side question, why is the jam being hosted on Itch.io this year instead of Gamejolt?

AFAIK Gamejolt has become pretty strict on adult content, and the organizers of the jam wanted to maintain creative freedom. I'm not sure games like The Gay Agenda would have been possible to publish on GameJolt.

Furwerkstudio

Ah, that make sense.

I remember losing a lot of my games in the purge, even the SFW stuff I did... And they left the very, very NSFW animation I did.

heltenjon

I have played Delivery Box today. It's not an adventure, but a platform game with some puzzle elements and a plot/story. It's a good game, but too hard for me. I managed to get pretty far, but gave up when I reached a level where I can see a possible solution, but not really me doing it. But the game is well worth a go. The player needs to deliver a box, and he needs to bring it along with him and keep it safe, as well as the player character. He can't jump while holding the box, but can throw the box. The mechanics are interesting and well used.

heltenjon

I played A Lone Night. This a a short point and click game where you have to find ways of opening doors to progress. It's short and sweet...I got to both endings in 10 minutes, but I was mildly entertained while doing it, even if it's not the biggest challenge.

And I played Squirrelatouille, which is an easy platform game. I think this one would be a better fit for my kids than for me. Nothing wrong with that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk