ENGINE PLUGIN: AGSteam v3.4 (Windows; Linux; Mac OS X)

Started by monkey0506, Thu 27/10/2011 05:05:47

Previous topic - Next topic

rongel

Ok, I got some help from Laura. I'll share the info here, so it could help others in the same situation. So here's some AGSteam Linux installation instructions:

1. Go to linux32 folder in the installation package, and rename libagsteam-32.so to libagsteam.so
2. Place the 32 and 64 bit versions of libagsteam.so and libsteam_api.so in the Linux subfolder of the AGS engine folder (Linux\lib32 & Linux\lib64)

+  Place the files also in compiled/linux/data/lib32 and lib64 folders (not sure if this is necessary, but just in case)

And that's it (as far as I know)!
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

Dualnames

To my knowledge, there hasn't been a user of linux 32bit i've personally found.
In fact both manufacturers and distros even are dropping 32bit throughout.
Of course that doesn't per se answer your issue here.

You can make an sh file call it Start.sh
Code: ags

#!/bin/sh
SCRIPTPATH="$(dirname "$(readlink -f "$0")")"

if test "x$@" = "x-h" -o "x$@" = "x--help"
  then
    echo "Usage:" "$(basename "$(readlink -f $0)")" "[<ags options>]"
    echo ""
fi

chmod +x "$SCRIPTPATH/ags64" "$SCRIPTPATH/ags32"

if test $(uname -m) = x86_64
  then
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}":"${SCRIPTPATH}/lib64"
    export LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=true
    ALLEGRO_MODULES="$SCRIPTPATH/lib64" "$SCRIPTPATH/ags64" "$@" > "$SCRIPTPATH/log.txt" 2>&1
  else
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}":"${SCRIPTPATH}/lib32"
    export LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=true
    ALLEGRO_MODULES="$SCRIPTPATH/lib32" "$SCRIPTPATH/ags32" "$@" > "$SCRIPTPATH/log.txt" 2>&1
fi

And use it in as "./Start.sh" and "./Start.sh --windowed" in the game executable.
Specifically, not sure how Linux 32 works for Steam, but for example OSX 32b is dropped entirely, and u cannot download 32bit mac builds through Steam.

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

eri0o

Steam still allows shipping a depot for 32 bit Linux, but I don't think anyone uses a 32bit outside of VMs.

If you don't, I believe the game requirements specify it must be 64-bit.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but just to explain again. This plugin has stubs in the AGS engine, so if it's not found - the plugin, not the steam store dll -, the game should load but all of these plugin related methods will return either null or false and it will not work.

rongel

Thanks for the comments!

Mainly I was worried about the compile warning that I got with the libagsteam-32.so. Don't really understand how Linux works, but I was happy to get rid of it by renaming it.

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 08/06/2022 10:18:57

You can make an sh file call it Start.sh

Wow, that's heavy stuff. What exactly does the code do? I think I will leave the proper Linux version for now, and get back to it after the full release. It seems that many Linux users use the Windows version with the Proton / Wine thing.
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk