Challenge of the Tentacle

Started by Amir, Tue 21/06/2022 15:40:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Amir

Challenge of the Tentacle is a free point and click escape room adventure fangame inspired by Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle and Maniac Mansion Mania.

Story

On a beautiful morning with chirping birds and sunshine, it seems a new beautiful day begins for the whole world. But no one knows that a catastrophe could happen that day. An evil, tyrannical, purple tentacle wants to take over the world. On this seemingly wonderful morning, our well-known protagonist, Bernard, renowned physicist and chemist, wakes up muddled. He still doesn't know that on this day he has to prove that he is a genius and has not, like so many others, studied in vain. But he's starting to remember the Purple Tentacle's visit and their argument about world domination, which ended with a cup of tea, his heavy, drooping eyelids and Purple Tentacle's malicious grin.

He is locked in his bedroom with many puzzles provided by Purple Tentacle to challenge and prevent him.

Help Bernard to solve these challenging puzzles, because with each solved puzzle he gets a little closer to the key that opens the door and thus also to the means created in his laboratory with which he can save the world from conquest. Solve logical, amusing and motivating puzzles that challenge not only Bernard, but YOU as well.

Features

Inspired by Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle and Maniac Mansion Mania.

Humorous game that combines point and click adventures with escape room tasks.

With many allusions to all adventures by LucasArts.

Various types of puzzles, from classic inventory usage to brain teasers.

You will find out the result of your performance at the end of the game: very good, good, satisfactory or bad.

And the best at the end: it costs nothing! It helps curb inflation!

It will be soon available on itch.io in english and german.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2621-challenge-of-the-tentacle/

Story: 100%
Scripting: 100%
Graphics: 100%
Puzzles: 100%
Sound/Music: 100%
Voice Acting: 100%

Truly, truly, I say to you, blessed are those who play adventure games, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

heltenjon

Darth Mandarb

Needs one more screenshot posted please! Thanks!

Amir

Truly, truly, I say to you, blessed are those who play adventure games, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

SarahLiz

Danvzare

This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. The backgrounds alone, show that you've captured the humour.

Also, voice acting!  8-0
Good luck with that. I know it's quite the pain to include, but also worth it.  :-D

Amir

Thanx guys for your feedback  :)

Amir

Hi guys,

I just released my game "Challenge of the Tentacle". It's available on itch.io. It's free of course.
I hope you like it. I warn you, the puzzles are difficult  ;-D
I would appreciate feedback on itch.io or anywhere else. If you find any bugs, please contact me.

Have fun!

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2621-challenge-of-the-tentacle/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk