Video coloring is off

Started by docacappella, Tue 12/07/2022 22:32:40

Previous topic - Next topic

docacappella

I'm making a live FMV game (bass template). I converted my mp4 video files to ogv. Now when I play them in AGS, the colors are really off and some of the effects are blurry. When I play the ogv file outside of AGS, the video plays normally. What is happening?

My mp4 files were printed at 1280x720 30fps on Final Cut Pro. What resolution do I need so they play accurately in AGS?

eri0o

What resolution is your game?

Khris

When I had color issues, the reason always turned out to be the 8bit room background. So I always import a game-sized grey background as my first room's background.
Did you do anything like that yet?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Khris on Fri 15/07/2022 10:37:59
When I had color issues, the reason always turned out to be the 8bit room background. So I always import a game-sized grey background as my first room's background.

Afaik the video is drawn separately from the room, so room background should not affect it. Game color depth may affect it though.

EDIT: on another hand, the OGV video decoder used by AGS is somewhat outdated, and may not correctly support certain video (sub)formats.

If you won't achieve desired effect with AGS itself, there's also Direct3D plugin for playing non-blocking videos, and its upgraded versions called Sprite3D plugin.

Rik_Vargard

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk