Ctrl and Alt keys make Esc key inactive

Started by Amir, Sat 02/07/2022 17:11:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Amir

Hi,

I have a weird problem with the keys. Esc key should make the menu visible.
But when I press ctrl or alt then the esc key doesn't work that the menu pops up. I mean, you press ctrl, then esc, nothing happens. If you press any key of a letter then esc again, the menu reappears. As if crtl and alt would make the esc key inactive. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Debug mode is false.
Truly, truly, I say to you, blessed are those who play adventure games, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Amir

At the beginning of the game I have StartCutscene(eSkipESCOnly); if you press ctrl or alt beforehand, esc key no longer works either  :-\
Like I said ctrl and alt make esc inactive.
Truly, truly, I say to you, blessed are those who play adventure games, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Amir

Ok, now I'm sure the problem is with AGS. I created a new game. Esc works at the beginning. As soon as you press ctrl or alt, esc no longer works. You have to press any letter key to activate Esc  :(

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Amir on Sat 02/07/2022 19:04:46
Ok, now I'm sure the problem is with AGS. I created a new game. Esc works at the beginning. As soon as you press ctrl or alt, esc no longer works. You have to press any letter key to activate Esc  :(

Please tell, which version of AGS are you using? I recall there have been similar problem few years ago, but I thought it was fixed eventually.

Amir

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 02/07/2022 19:05:54
Quote from: Amir on Sat 02/07/2022 19:04:46

Please tell, which version of AGS are you using? I recall there have been similar problem few years ago, but I thought it was fixed eventually.

Build 3.5.1.18

glurex

I have the same problem with AGS 3.5.1.15

Crimson Wizard

Please tell, which operating system you are running on? This was a known issue in the earlier versions of AGS, but I cannot reproduce this with AGS 3.5.1 nor 3.5.0 anymore, thus I was under impression that this was fixed.

Do you have this problem with 3.6.0 Beta?

newwaveburritos

I'm using Build 3.6.0.23 on Windows 10 and I can't seem to make ESC stop working with control or alt.  I put in some additional code to the on_key_press and it seems to work just fine for me if that helps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk