AGS Support > Beginners' Technical Questions

Ctrl and Alt keys make Esc key inactive

(1/2) > >>

Amir:
Hi,

I have a weird problem with the keys. Esc key should make the menu visible.
But when I press ctrl or alt then the esc key doesn't work that the menu pops up. I mean, you press ctrl, then esc, nothing happens. If you press any key of a letter then esc again, the menu reappears. As if crtl and alt would make the esc key inactive. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Debug mode is false.

Amir:
At the beginning of the game I have StartCutscene(eSkipESCOnly); if you press ctrl or alt beforehand, esc key no longer works either  :-\
Like I said ctrl and alt make esc inactive.

Amir:
Ok, now I'm sure the problem is with AGS. I created a new game. Esc works at the beginning. As soon as you press ctrl or alt, esc no longer works. You have to press any letter key to activate Esc  :(

Crimson Wizard:

--- Quote from: Amir on 02 Jul 2022, 19:04 ---Ok, now I'm sure the problem is with AGS. I created a new game. Esc works at the beginning. As soon as you press ctrl or alt, esc no longer works. You have to press any letter key to activate Esc  :(

--- End quote ---

Please tell, which version of AGS are you using? I recall there have been similar problem few years ago, but I thought it was fixed eventually.

Amir:

--- Quote from: Crimson Wizard on 02 Jul 2022, 19:05 ---
--- Quote from: Amir on 02 Jul 2022, 19:04 ---Ok, now I'm sure the problem is with AGS. I created a new game. Esc works at the beginning. As soon as you press ctrl or alt, esc no longer works. You have to press any letter key to activate Esc  :(

--- End quote ---

Please tell, which version of AGS are you using? I recall there have been similar problem few years ago, but I thought it was fixed eventually.

--- End quote ---

Build 3.5.1.18

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version