Jack Metal and the resounding "Atchim" stage gods

Started by We got Dice, Sun 03/07/2022 19:03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

We got Dice

Hello everyone

Jack Metal and the resounding "Atchim" stage gods, it is with pleasure that I bring you my first solo project, yes the team behind the game is me, a single person, but with enthusiasm and some help from you I hope I can bring this project to life.

It is a game where the main character, Jack Metal, tries to create his metal band and conquer the world with his music, will you be able to face a world that is not ready for Metal? Will you be able to gather a team of musicians for the concerts? Will your album be a success? Adventure awaits you.

Demo Download:
https://www.indiedb.com/games/jack-metal-and-the-resounding-atchim-stage-gods

Thank you all so much for the support

Jack" border="0
Screen1" border="0
Screen2" border="0
Screen3" border="0
Screen4" border="0

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

heltenjon

I tried this demo. It's made with Visionaire, and was a reasonably fun little romp. You know the tropes - kid dreaming of being a metal star, is given chores by his mum who doesn't believe in his dreams, then off to recruit members of the dream band. The demo only covers some of the chores his mum has given him, but it crams in a sort of tutorial and then a shop location with some puzzles.

There's plenty of humour here, some of it a bit on the nose, but a couple of good ones, too. The pattern of speech didn't quite jibe with my personal preferences...like "Do you sell BLOODY ice cubes?" is trying a bit too hard for my taste. Then again, the main character is someone who is trying too hard, so maybe it's just in character.

I liked one of the unnecessary puzzles...you'll probably understand which one when you solve it.  ;)

I guess the later versions of this will have more background music. In a game about metal, you expect some of it.

There's been a couple of metalhead games on this site lately that reach a higher quality level than this game looks like it's aiming at, but I guess it's still a safe bet metalheads will enjoy it anyway.

We got Dice

Hello again

Thank you very much for the feedback, it's still a work in progress, and the objective of placing it in several forums is exactly that, to collect information to improve the final game. I hope more players play and give their opinion.

Thanks a lot  :smiley:

heltenjon

Quote from: We got Dice on Mon 04/07/2022 16:47:33
Thank you very much for the feedback, it's still a work in progress, and the objective of placing it in several forums is exactly that, to collect information to improve the final game. I hope more players play and give their opinion.
I have two more suggestions/observations that I forgot to write about.  :-[

The first may just be that I'm getting old and without the eyesight of yore, but things were a bit small on the screen. Especially in the shop. I would have preferred a closer look, but I realize you then couldn't have all on one screen, so it's a choice you have to make. Mind you, pixel hunts are a bit harder if the resolution is like this - I imagine it may be hard to spot a certain spot in the shop on a cell phone, if it can be played on that.

The second - When I click on an object, the player character walks to the object and blocks the view. If you could make him stop next to it, it would be better. In order to pick up paper from the floor, I had to pick up one, walk away, then pick up the next and so on. It's a minor gripe.

Keep up the good work! I imagine the real fun will come when recruiting band members.

We got Dice

Initially it will only be for computer, for cell phones it would have to take some adjustments, and yes the objective is to fit everything in the same screen, and the store will probably be the biggest scenario.

True, but at the same time I wanted to bring the character closer to the object, to look more realistic when picking up the object, but it's something I'll have to test.

I'm already working on the second chapter, a black metal drummer who works in a hamburger shop owned by nuns  :grin:

Thanks a lot for the feedback  ;-D

heltenjon

Quote from: heltenjon on Mon 04/07/2022 18:34:21
The second - When I click on an object, the player character walks to the object and blocks the view. If you could make him stop next to it, it would be better. In order to pick up paper from the floor, I had to pick up one, walk away, then pick up the next and so on. It's a minor gripe.
Quote from: We got Dice on Tue 05/07/2022 16:55:42
True, but at the same time I wanted to bring the character closer to the object, to look more realistic when picking up the object, but it's something I'll have to test.
If you can make him walk right next to the object, it would be perfect.  :) This is something that's bothered me for a long time, and in commercial games, too. The typical scenario is that the character walks up to a board to read a notice, then has to step away in order for the next notice to be clicked on, or that a key is put in a keyhole, but then the character is blocking it from being unlocked/opened right afterwards.

I'm looking forward to recruiting that drummer.  :-D

We got Dice

https://youtu.be/SCuYHc57ZLQ

Hello metalheads

We are super happy to show you the first video of our first game "Jack Metal and the Resounding "Atchim" Stage Gods", hope you like it, for more information you can visit:

IndieDB:
https://www.indiedb.com/games/jack-metal-and-the-resounding-atchim-stage-gods

Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/WeGotDice_JackMetal

Thanks a lot

main222

With Shorturl you can shorten url for free.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk