A Thread Through Reality - New Freeware Adventure Released!

Started by AJA, Thu 07/07/2022 17:53:04

Previous topic - Next topic

AJA

Hello, everybody!

It's been a while since the last time I posted here. It's been almost exactly ten years since my last AGS game, Barely Floating, was released. Since then I've been mostly busy programming some free to play mobile games before jumping ship late last year. Naturally, I felt the need to make another short freeware point & click adventure after such a long break. (This one's made in Unity, so that's why I'm posting here and not in completed game announcements.)

Anyway, on to the game itself!

A Thread Through Reality

There's been a bit of a breach in the Fabric of Reality and we are in desperate need of a capable seamstress such as yourself to mend the Tear. The reality has already begun collapsing in on itself through the Tear, causing time periods to mix and corrupt each other. Let's get crackin' before we're all doomed!

Trailer

If you want to try it out,
Download it here for Windows!

I also have some experimental builds for Mac and Linux users here. These have been tested much less than the Windows one but at least it's something if you're not running Windows and want to try out the game. Note that Mac users may need to right click the app and choose "Open" from the context menu to get past Apple's unable-to-check-for-malware warning. There is, of course, no malware in the game. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- MacOS
- Linux

The expected play time is somewhere between 2-3 hours.

I hope you enjoy the game! I'd be happy to hear what you think about it! :)

(And if you're curious to see my older adventures, head on to http://www.serpentpictures.net/games/)

eri0o

Hey AJA! It's good to know you are alive! The images in your post are not loading for me, perhaps you are not using https or there is some problem with the server?

I am curious on what were you making the mobile games. And is your adventure game going to be released on Android?

Nice to see ya!

AJA

Hey, eri0o! Happy to see some familiar people still hanging around! :shocked:

Is the image loading for you now?

I don't have any plans for releasing this game on mobile. It's not really designed with that in mind, although I'll admit I've tested it on a phone and a tablet for funsies, so technically it would be doable.

As for the mobile games I've worked on, I did a couple of updates to the original Angry Birds game and a couple of completely new games like Angry Birds Stella (no longer available) and Small Town Murders which was the last one I worked on. It's a story-driven match-3 game; couldn't NOT do a story-driven game when I was finally offered one.  :cheesy:

Snarky

Still not loading, and I get a security warning that "www.serpentpictures.net uses an invalid security certificate."

AJA

Oh hi, Snarky!

Maybe now? Moved the screenshot elsewhere altogether.

Snarky

Hey AJA, and welcome back! The screen is showing now. Looks like a cool game.

AJA

Thanks, good to be back! And thanks for debugging the screenshot with me, both of ya! Sometimes I just hate technology. Well, most of the time. :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk