The Will

Started by lapsking, Wed 20/07/2022 15:08:44

Previous topic - Next topic

lapsking

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2623-the-will/

It took me 20 full days to make my first game and just released it yesterday. Would be grateful if you play and share your opinions.

Your wicked sister wants to claim all of the inheritance with a fake will. In this point and click adventure game you are going to search your dad's house to find his original will to get your share.

I was 7 years old when I played Maniac Mansion for the first time and I loved it so much that I wished one day I make my own adventure game. Now 30 years later and thanks to AGS I've done it.
keep it indie

Pax Animo

Hey there,

Possible issue with the download links for your game.
Misunderstood

lapsking

Thanks for letting me know. I uploaded it on my Google Drive and changed download link, is the issue solved?
keep it indie

LimpingFish

Quote from: lapsking on Wed 20/07/2022 16:40:33
I uploaded it on my Google Drive and changed download link, is the issue solved?

Yes, the download works now. Congratulations on releasing your first game. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

heltenjon

I downloaded it from the first link, so you may keep that as a mirror, if you want to. My system told me it was a unsafe download, though, so that may stop some people from downloading if they don't trust it or don't know how to override the protection system.

Congratulations on the release! Will play and comment soon. :)

lapsking

I'm glad you could download it.
That's a good idea, I added second link as a mirror. Though have no idea what to do about unsafe warning, I get it too.
keep it indie

heltenjon

Quote from: lapsking on Thu 21/07/2022 14:49:23
I'm glad you could download it.
That's a good idea, I added second link as a mirror. Though have no idea what to do about unsafe warning, I get it too.

The unsafe warning is probably because the page has few downloads, nothing much to do about that from your end.

I played your game. It took me a couple of hours, and I liked it a lot. I got temporarily stuck early on, but was able to progress eventually and made it through to the end. I liked the humorous bits - there are a few as the story progresses. I also enjoyed the puzzles. Good job, especially for a first game!

Edit: You've marked the game on the game page as a MAGS entry. Is it? If it's meant as such, you need to post about it in the MAGS thread. (monthly ags game contest) I guess it could fit with the theme "Masquerade", and if you made it in 20 days, it should be within the contest period, as well.

Shadow1000

I just finished this game and honestly, I enjoyed the entire experience. Background graphics are good, characters are a bit on the simple side, sounds effects are perfect. What really makes this game shine is the story and puzzles. The difficulty of the puzzles is exactly where I would want them: I did not breeze along but progress felt rewarding because of the effort that solving the puzzles entails.

Good story that's appropriate for the length of the game and some of the puzzles are quite creative in the sense that I don't think I've seen the thinking that was required to solve them in other games.

You might want to proofread some of the text to correct some minor spelling errors. Lastly, it took me about an hour and a half to complete the game.

Well done.

lapsking

It's good to hear you finished the game. Yes, I agree it needs proofreading since my native language is Persian.
Thanks, I'll post about it in Mags thread and will choose Masquerade as theme. Don't think I have much chance personally but why not try!

Thank you for playing the game.
keep it indie

Creamy

Congratulations on the release.

To make life easier for your players, I'd consider telling them that they can go faster by double-cliking (or make it the default speed).

lapsking

Thanks Creamy. I thought double-click to move faster is default, at least since thimbleweed. But I think I have to mention it in "about game" for those who don't know.
keep it indie

Ian Aloser

lapsking,

I am a bit late to congratulate for this very nice game.
I enjoyed it a lot and I love the ending, it really made me laugh out loud,
especially the thing with
Spoiler
the ruler
[close]

lapsking

Thanks Ian, it makes me happy to know I could make you laugh.
keep it indie

sthomannch

It was a nice game, unexpected ending and I had a good laugh on several occasions. Well done!

lapsking

Quote from: sthomannch on Sun 24/07/2022 14:39:35
It was a nice game, unexpected ending and I had a good laugh on several occasions. Well done!

Thanks for your kind comment, sthomannch.
keep it indie

Creamy

Finished (♪ with a little help from my friends ♫)
The puzzles were Ok, I'm just a little rusty.

lapsking

Quote from: Creamy on Sun 24/07/2022 14:58:59
Finished (♪ with a little help from my friends ♫)
The puzzles were Ok, I'm just a little rusty.

That's what friends are for
https://youtu.be/HyTpu6BmE88
keep it indie

Nahuel

Hi there first of all well done having a game in 20 days  :grin:  ;-D

Just a minor thing, you left the debug options set to true, and all the functions for changing rooms and get the inventory are on  :sad:

All the best!
Life isn't a game. Let's develop a life-like-game.

lapsking

Quote from: Nahuel on Sat 03/09/2022 19:52:18
Hi there first of all well done having a game in 20 days  :grin:  ;-D

Just a minor thing, you left the debug options set to true, and all the functions for changing rooms and get the inventory are on  :sad:

All the best!

Thank you, will turn debug mode off.

Cheers
keep it indie

SarahLiz

Cute game!  I had to use the hints/tips section to finish it, but I'm glad I did.  It's not an incredibly complicated game, story-wise, but I really like your sense of humor.  I hope you continue to make games because you have quite the talent for it!

Spoiler
  The name change in the credits at the end was a nice touch--made me giggle.  Dad's such an a-hole!  :-D 
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk