Signal & Echo: Iris is Missing - Beta Testers Wanted

Started by Kini Games, Tue 02/08/2022 11:41:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Kini Games

UPDATE : Beta is now ready, and I am no longer requiring video playthroughs (although they'd still be very much appreciated!). Please PM me if you're interested.

Hi all,

I’m looking for testers for the demo of my game, Signal & Echo: Iris is Missing. I need people who would be willing to record their playthrough, preferably with thinking-out-loud-style commentary. I'll be the only person who watches it.

Here's the copy from my website, along with some screenshots. Hopefully, it'll be enough to help you decide if you're interested. If you are, please PM me  :)

Just gimme the gist!

Informed by the developer’s past career in journalism, you play as Ollie, a wannabe reporter on his first day of work experience at the Signal & Echo newspaper, in the fictional town of Runeton, England.

Ollie thought he’d be chained to his desk all day, rewriting press releases. Instead, he’s been given a real assignment: find out what happened to missing schoolgirl Iris Wood.

Using a unique text parser system, alongside traditional point-and-click mechanics, help Ollie impress his colleagues and break the story wide open!

What’s this about a unique text parser?

Alongside the usual verb interactions and inventory puzzles, Signal and Echo: Iris is Missing uses an innovative text parser systemâ€"for conversations, searching the newspaper’s computer archive, and finding new locations on your map.

The system allows you to type any proper noun (i.e. capitalised noun, like John Smith, London, or The Beatles), so long as you’ve found it in-game. The system also accepts the name of any hotspot, from any location, including inventory items.

This means you can ask anyone about any of these things. You'll need to take notes and think for yourself! (All the puzzles use real-world logic, as opposed to cartoon or moon logic.)

I’m sold! When and where’s it coming out?

The demo is about to enter beta testing, so there’s not long to wait!

Once it’s ready, the demo will be free to download from Steam, itch.io, and (possibly) the Kini Games website.

Check back here for updates, or follow the developer,  Will Ackermann (aka Kini), on twitter @games_kini

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk