Jibble

There is a new version of the forums ready for testing. Please post here if you're willing to help test! We could also use the help of coders!

Author Topic: [AGS HELP WANTED] TESTERS WANTED – Signal & Echo: Iris is Missing (demo)  (Read 103 times)

Hi all,

I’m looking for testers for the demo of my game, Signal & Echo: Iris is Missing. I need people who can record a playthrough, preferably with thinking-out-loud-style commentary, please.

The game is informed by my past career as a reporter. You play as Ollie, a young wannabe journalist on his first day of work experience at the Signal & Echo newspaper, in the fictional town of Runeton, England. Ollie thought he’d be chained to his desk all day, rewriting press releases. Instead, he’s been given a real assignment: find out what happened to missing teenager Iris Wood.

At its core, the game is a traditional point-and-click adventure, inspired by the likes of the Blackwell series. However, alongside the usual verb interactions and inventory puzzles, it also uses (what I believe is) a unique text parser system – for conversations, searching the newspaper’s computer archive, and finding new locations on your map. The system allows the player to type any proper noun found within the game, as well as the name of any object, inventory item or hotspot. This means you can ask anyone about any of these things. You'll need to take notes! The aim, if you’ll forgive the cliché, is to make the player feel like a real detect– er, reporter. The puzzles use real-world logic, as opposed to cartoon or moon logic.

I hope that’s enough to help you decide if you’re interested. If you are, please PM me.

Thanks in advance.

Big love!  :-*

Will (aka Kini)

« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2022, 00:26 by LimpingFish »