Cyberdog 2050

Started by Racoon, Tue 09/08/2022 21:12:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Racoon

Hello to anyone who is interested in this little game!

I made this thread to maybe bring it to peoples attention and to push through a lack of motivation and actually finish this game.

Cyberdog 2050 is a cyberpunk detective story where you play a mechanical dog trying to uncover the truth about a threat to all cyberpets.

Screenshots:

First room by day

First room by night

I have more backgrounds done, but I think sharing them could spoil a bit too much, so instead I plan to upload more things like animations or music.

Gifs:

Main character side walk

Another character side walk:

Development Progress:

Story: 90%
Scripting: 75%
Graphics: 90%
Sound/Music: 0%

Wishfull completion date: End of August
More realistic completion date: End of September or October

heltenjon

The city looks beautiful. The cyberpet story sounds like it could have some potential for surprises!

Pogwizd

These backgrounds really caught me eye - they look awesome. Especially the daylight one. However, I wouldn't make the project dependent on the response to the thread. Carry on only if you feel like it.

Also, a pet as a protagonist? Cyberpunk setting? Feels like a canine response to Stray :)

lorenzo

This looks really cute! Nice colour choice too, I especially like the sky in the first screenshot. The plot sounds fun, good luck with development!

Rik_Vargard

This looks really cool! Good luck! :)

Racoon

Thanks for the kind feedback :)

Quote from: Pogwizd on Wed 10/08/2022 08:16:25
These backgrounds really caught me eye - they look awesome. Especially the daylight one. However, I wouldn't make the project dependent on the response to the thread. Carry on only if you feel like it.

Also, a pet as a protagonist? Cyberpunk setting? Feels like a canine response to Stray :)

Oh, I did not want it to come across like I dont want to carry on with this. I do want to complete this and I think I will be proud and happy when its done. But sometimes there are pretty frustrating struggles while developing where I feel the progress seems so slooowly and I was in this kind of mood when I posted I think.

As for Stray: Believe it or not, but I was developing this story and game before I ever heard of Stray. It resulted from the idea that I wanted to do a "cyberpunk lady and the tramp".Then I saw an article about the game and was amazed at the similarities. I do have to play that game as it seems like it may really fit my taste in games :D

Racoon

Some new stuff:

Still working on this game, even if I took a lot of breaks  :-D

Hoping to finally find the time to finish it over the summer.

Tomags

That all sounds like an interesting plot for a videogame, best of luck.
The art style and the idea reminded me a bit to Isle of Dogs by Wes Anderson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk