(solved) Change mouse cursor images on hover doesn't work on character (sierra)

Started by skooperstooper, Tue 16/08/2022 22:02:09

Previous topic - Next topic

skooperstooper

I'm not at the laptop where I'm making the game so I can't post code. I'm just looking for educated guesses on what could be happening. I'm using one cursor mode (interact) and all of that works fine.

I wanted to try changing the cursor image when I hover over certain objects just to give players a visual cue that it's something they can interact with. I used the basic getlocationtype method in repeatedly execute.

It works fine for hotspots, objects, and reverting back to default when there's nothing, but it doesn't change when hovering over a character. My hunch then is something about the character is the problem but I don't know.

This is a blank room I use to test code, so nothing is actually happening in it. The character is just standing where I set in their properties, away from the player character. Any thoughts on where to dig for what could be causing the problem?
Yes, I did the tutorial, went through the manual, and searched the forums and web. If I'm asking, it's because I missed it, forgot, or still don't get it.

skooperstooper

Well, I figured it out lol I had the character's clickable property set to false. I didn't realize that would impact something like hover. Nevermind!
Yes, I did the tutorial, went through the manual, and searched the forums and web. If I'm asking, it's because I missed it, forgot, or still don't get it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk