The Books of Knowledge

Started by Durinde, Mon 25/09/2023 20:09:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Durinde

I made a short comedy game in two weeks for the $107 Adventure Game Challenge.

You are a member of the Young Alien Rangers who has been sent to earth to obtain the sum of human knowledge. Aided by your budget AI (Karl) you set out on your task which involves capsule toys, ladders, and hotdogs.

Link to Download or Play in Browser: durinde.itch.io/bok
AGS Gamepage: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2696-the-books-of-knowledge/

Durinde

I've made a patched version of the game that corrects some minor issues. I can't upload it to itch while the games are being judged, but if you don't mind playing a more polished web version, you can play it here.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/900419

heltenjon

I liked this game. It's pleasant to look at, and maintains a cheery atmosphere throughout. I was sold on the banter bentween the alien and his AI from the moment he camoflaged his space ship as a outdoor toilet.  (laugh)

Is it just me, or was this jam unusually strong from the ags users?  (nod)

lorenzo

I really enjoyed the game! Very funny writing, nice puzzles, and the perfect length for a game jam.
If you have half an hour, give it a try!

Ramorama

I almost forgot to rate Books of Knowledge here as well!

Great graphics with good humor. I've enjoyed your game a lot! The puzzles make sense and it's fun to play. The dialogues with Karl are witty and hilarious.

Definitely one of my favorite 107 Adventure Challenge entries.

RootBound

Fun short game! Took me a while to figure out a few things, mostly because I kept overlooking stuff. I enjoyed the graphics a lot, too. Nicely done.
They/them. Here are some of my games:

CaptainD

Not had much time to play this yet but enormously enjoyed the little I have played. My favourite bit so far...

"It's an older coupon, but it checks out." (laugh)

EDIT - completed now. Short but very sweet, well done mate!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk