Roll up and see Alfie

Started by Ali, Mon 19/05/2003 13:31:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Hi, this isn't finished, I was just wondering what you lot would think of it.

Ignore his technicolour ear - I haven't textured it yet.

What do you think? I couldn't use it in a game because I don't have any decent animating software (A case of the extremely old computer).

I called him Alfie provisionally. He look's like a bit of a sneak.

scotch

Yeah looks good :)  Pity you can't animate it :/

wOoDz

hey thats really great! you do realize i now hate you!! only jokin, my first attempt looks like a bald version of the punk female android in Bladerunner :-\
not the dark gothic scary look i wanted!

can u not take single frame shots, and animate it that way frame by frame, i kno it takes time but it does work, i did it that way to make my characrer walk,  each movement from all four sides (left right front back)

Flippy_D

I must say well done on the distinctness of Alf. Looks very much like I imagined Uriah Heep in David Copperfield.

Proskrito

Make it saying "my treasssure" and you´ll have gollum´s hairy brother. ;)

alfie the sneak. nice ring to it
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Ali

Quote from: wOoDz on Mon 19/05/2003 18:36:36
my first attempt looks like a bald version of the punk female android in Bladerunner :-\

Wow! That's Pris Stratton alright!

I could animate the head moving wOoDs, but I can't use bone structures. I can use morphs, but without a motion-blurring effect they look odd, and my computer is way too slow to preview an animation even as complex as that head rotating at any decent speed.

blacksoul

Alfie looks quite similar to Corthez (from TLJ)...

Quickstrike

Quote from: Ali on Mon 19/05/2003 13:31:59

He looks kind of like "Data", only with a longer face.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

earlwood

I like the way it looks like a cartoon character, the only thing that probably need a fixin' it his hair line too straight around the ears. Love the side burns.

SLaMgRInDeR

Damn! you are good! kind of like hat count dracula would look like if he was in Discworld Noir.
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk