Background Blitz 20th May - 3rd June

Started by Archangel (aka SoupDragon), Tue 20/05/2003 18:32:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Hehe sorry it took so long, what with me completely forgetting I was supposed to do this and all, but here goes.

Let's go with the college campus thing, since that seems fairly popular. 640x400x16 resolution, so let your artistic flair shine! Or... something. Anyway, in keeping with tradition: ._. k

Edit: to those who may be confused, a college is a place of schooling, somewhere between secondary (high) school and university, and a campus is the entire area taken up by a school, college or university, including playing fields, buildings, paths and roads, whatever.

Vel

Ok, here's my entry... a classroom I made some time ago. Note that I resized it(it was 1024*768) and it may have lost some if its quality.

Synthetique

very small door there  ;D

if one can get in there, then he cant write on all of the green thingy...

scotch

well it is too big.. and you're not supposed to enter things you did before into the blitz.. but I like it, yeah pretty small door.. and the windows must be at a really wierd angle ;)

Gilbert

hmmmm by 640x480x16 did you mean 16 colours or 16 bit hicolour?

remixor

I would assume 16-bit, since he said "let your artistic flair shine"
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

BOYD1981

the message actually orginally said "640x480x24 resolution" but assumed that was 24bit colour and not 24 colours, although i do kind of like being limited to a certain ammount of colours... i think i'll try enter...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Yeah I originally said 24 bit, then I realised AGS uses 16 bit, so I edited it. So yeah, 16 bit not 16 colours.

SLaMgRInDeR

oh crap, i thought i was zoomed in, i was sure i set it to 640x480
here it is in the right size...

sorry about that, the sprite jam i was just realy tired so...
btw, THERE IS NO NEED TO USE CAPS, LIGHTEN UP! :P
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

wOoDz

i need some practice  but heres my crappy attempt! :-\

woodz

SLaMgRInDeR

thats good! better than mine (although that isnt very hard) but the handrain is actually bigger that one of the school buildings  :-\

wOoDz

yeah i know :-[ i moved the forground foward to hide the blank bits at the sides, which made the rail distorted, it was to fat before but it got worse, ive got a lot to learn about camera angles, i should of gone higher and looking down i guess :-\ i'm a lot better at cars/bikes! building are new to me!

thx for the coments tho SLaMgRInDeR, your piccie looks great, i'm useless at drawing piccies on the pc, hence why i use 3d ;)

woodz

oh crap! i just notice i'm post 13 :( Again dispite some board juggling!

*sits back and waits for his pc to burst into flames!*

SLaMgRInDeR

thanx, all you realy need to do is make the buildings in the back ground bigger.

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Er...aren't we a bit behind on this? Its the 5th today.

I think vote and wrap this up by tomorrow evening.

TheYak

I gotta go for woodz's.  The topic was college-campus and his was well-implemented.  I'm often biased against 3d stuff, but I think this would work nicely as a background with a touch of work and his also makes me envision a college campus more than the others.  

Apparently there just wasn't a lot of interest in this topic.  Or, people just didn't have time to kill this time.

I'll have to go for woodz's as well, since it's got correct perspective (albeit as a result of the computer!) and I'm a stickler for perspective.

wOoDz

:-[ erm.... TY! i'm speechless for once!  ;D
is it down to me to pick the next?

thx again woodz

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Considering its this late, yes ^_^ woodz gets it.

You can pick the next topic if you like, out of the list on top. :) Just post it here. ._.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk