AGS v2.55 Final now available for eating

Started by Pumaman, Fri 30/05/2003 18:10:33

Previous topic - Next topic

juncmodule

EDIT: Crap, nevermind. I updated to 2.55.560.0 and it went away. Still...that wasn't part of the walkbehind bug was it? eh.

This MIGHT be a bug. I say might because it involves leaving AGS. Whenever I right click and copy to clipboard in the sprite manager and paste into a paint program it takes a few clicks to register. At first I thought it was just random, but then I realized it just happened every time. One click, doesn't work, second click does. Very strange. It very well could be my mouse, OS, clipboard, or Photoshop. Perhaps someone else could try to duplicate the error on another machine.

later,
-junc

Fuzzpilz

Pumaman

Thanks for putting up the mirrors, guys :)

It's now uploaded to the website so your mirrors should be listed there.

MEHRDAD

THANX CHRIS."PANDORA DIRECTIVE & COUNTDOWN" designer!!!

Scummbuddy

My new favorite part of the manual.

QuoteOnce you set this option, you should see a preview of the character walking around in the top part of the screen.

We haven't had this feature in quite awhile, unless I've been missing out on an animation preview window....

You can check for yourself by going to index, then in the search field, do "characters" then its on that page under the view editor definitions.

Yeah, I know what you are thinking... Major Bug... just trying to help.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Scorpiorus

Have downloaded the final.

Great work, CJ! High thanks! :)

-Cheers

liosliante

Somebody can help me to find an older version for AGS, for having my games in DOS version?

Thanks.

Valiant

I was still using the Dos engine because it was theonly way my mouse
would work, so I would be very happy if the Dos mode could be implemented in 2.55
(or if there is a way to fix my mouse problem in the window's mode)

evilspacefart

Well, if you must, I have the old version (254) on my downloads page.

http://www.geocities.com/evilspacefart/downloads.html

I think that version was able to produce a dos exe file, but doesn't have all the goodness in the 255.

TerranRich

Quote from: MEHRDAD on Fri 06/06/2003 19:25:08

Tell me you're joking and you realize they're two different Chris Joneses :P

Synthetique

implement nude girls in the next version.

Pumaman

Alright, I think I've managed to get the DOS compiler working again, but I can't test it since DOS apps don't work on my computer.

Can someone test this:
http://www.agsforums.com/acdos.zip

and see whether it works or not. It is the latest 2.55 build.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Yep. Works jes' fine 'n' dandy. Thanx pardner.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

MEHRDAD

Quote from: terranRICH on Sat 07/06/2003 16:04:11
Quote from: MEHRDAD on Fri 06/06/2003 19:25:08

Tell me you're joking and you realize they're two different Chris Joneses :P
i dont know.i think that its same CHRIS JONES.excuse me .I LOVE ADVENTURE GAME AND LOVE AGS.AGS is great engine.I have make a GREAT GAME with AGS.

Gilbert

Quote from: CJ on Sat 07/06/2003 22:17:34
Alright, I think I've managed to get the DOS compiler working again, but I can't test it since DOS apps don't work on my computer.

Can someone test this:
http://www.agsforums.com/acdos.zip

and see whether it works or not. It is the latest 2.55 build.

* Gilbot V7000a dances with joy \o/

Scorpiorus

Wow, I wrote a function name and have seen... parameters' list! Special thanks for that feature, Chris! :D

Ben

Holy shit. I didn't notice that parameters list until now, but now that I've seen it I want to make out with it :D

Scorpiorus

If you declare a type at the end of the script and do not specify identifier then on compiling seems like AGS tries to find it.. then it reaches the end-of-file and "We are sorry..." error occures.

There is no big need to declare vars at the end of the script but I wrote function keyword which the same as int and forgot to declare the function itself:

function on_event() {
}

function

//end of script

The error is not in 2.55 only as I tried 2.53 and it was there too.

-Cheers

Pumaman

Ah, thanks for spotting that, I'll look into it.

LOGAN

AGS has come far scince it's initial DOS release. With every new release it gets better and better.

One of the best things are the frequent updates, I think no other adventure creating tool has so much to offer and updated this frequently.

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk