AGS v2.55 Final now available for eating

Started by Pumaman, Fri 30/05/2003 18:10:33

Previous topic - Next topic

juncmodule

Okay, two things:

1. On the auto-complete/parameters list if you are doing dialogs and you type "stop" and press enter it "auto completes" another function for you. Is there a way to add stop to the autocomplete while inside of the dialog editor, or just have it auto complete dialog commands?

2. I have a set of GUI's that work fine in one game but, when I import them to a different game and click on GUI 3 in the editor it gives me this error EVERY TIME:

Exception 0x0C0000005 at EIP=0x00466691, AGSE v2.55.359

When I run the game the GUI displays and functions just fine. I did notice one possible cause: My slider image didn't import with it. Is there a bug with this?

EDIT: I removed the graphic from both sliders and the GUI worked fine.

One more question/comment: I was unable to find anything in the help file about how to use the new "GUI name". I figured this out after some trial and error...

later,
-junc

2ma2

Marvelous. I'ts amazeing how much you've missed by just being more or less vagrant for a couple of months. Breathtaking. Do you ever get bored by all the praise.

Also, I use the dos-compile, although I'm not sure I actually need it. If it's a big hazzle to get it running, don't bother. :)

Privateer Puddin'

2ma2, there was a fixed dos exe on page 3 i think ;)

Gilbert

BTW, CJ, I have some question about the DOS engine.
I'd just tried it recently (actually I stuffed it onto BOS4 yesterday night and the game ran flawlessly \o/), and find out that none of the more recent options is configurable by the "--setup" parameter, some examples are AA, game languages, and sprite cache, etc.

So was it because these features weren't included in the DOS engine, or you just need to edit the .CFG file manually?

Spoiler

Though actually I know the real reason, is that the DOS setup programme wasn't updated for milleniums, which was shown obviously from the text on the upper left hand side of it ;).
I'm not asking you to update it, as I know that it's not on your priority, and I'm content as long as I can make DOS games (though it WOULD be nice if you really update it). Maybe you can post somewhere (KB, etc.) about the options and formats used in the config files, so interested people may make 3rd party DOS setup programmes to write to it (not me, I don't have the time and skill for it at the moment).
Just a suggestion
[/hint]

[close]

Erica McLane unlogged

Gilbert - you can copy the acsetup.cfg file produced by the Windows engine.
I remember the time when we had to do this in the opposite way for testing the windows engine. Funny, isn`t it?  :)

Pumaman

Quote from: juncmodule on Thu 12/06/2003 21:52:05
1. On the auto-complete/parameters list if you are doing dialogs and you type "stop" and press enter it "auto completes" another function for you. Is there a way to add stop to the autocomplete while inside of the dialog editor, or just have it auto complete dialog commands?

Hehe erm oops, good point, I'll do that :)

2. I have a set of GUI's that work fine in one game but, when I import them to a different game and click on GUI 3 in the editor it gives me this error EVERY TIME:

Exception 0x0C0000005 at EIP=0x00466691, AGSE v2.55.359

When I run the game the GUI displays and functions just fine. I did notice one possible cause: My slider image didn't import with it. Is there a bug with this?

Well spotted, quite right, if you have a slider image the import doesn't work - I'll get it fixed.

One more question/comment: I was unable to find anything in the help file about how to use the new "GUI name". I figured this out after some trial and error...

Hmm good point, I'll add a bit to the manual.
In case anyone's not sure, you use them just like character names, for example if I have a "ICONBAR" GUI, I could do

if (interface == ICONBAR) {
}

and so forth.

Gilbert: indeed, it's just that it hasn't been updated for ages. The DOS engine still supports all the options, but you have to either set it manually, or do as Erica says and copy the CFG file created by the Win Setup program.

Here's a KB article on the file options: http://www.agsforums.com/kbview.php?id=63

Gilbert

Heh yep I know about it Erica, but that wont be possible if you are running in REAL pure DOS like me. ;)

(Unless that DOSLFN tool which was made with Chris something or whoever works with acwin.exe. ;D )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk