MAGS - JUNE

Started by magintz, Sun 01/06/2003 11:46:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Mats Berglinn

Is it okay to make a game that have a story of a time before the movie's actual story but with the same lead character or characters and places? I'm working with my entry, Monsters Inc, which will take part about a month before the actual story of Monsters Inc movie but it's still Sulley, Mike, Randall, Waternoose and the other monsters, plus it's the same factory. I hope that will be ok?

Mr Jake

Okay... Im editor and scriptor on WoOdz game, but he has gone somewhere???

He just sent me a IM asking me to finish it....

http://www.geocities.com/hotshothoggs/BarrySnotter.zip

Barry Snotter and the meaning of life...

Scrn shot:-

woodz

sorry for landing you in it hotshot, the reason is my marriage is on the rocks and i need time to try and sort it, i only wish i'd been a member longer then i could of asked someone to help with it

TTFN i'll be back if i can and i hope you finish it :D don't worry if you can't

woodz

Mr Jake

kk thats much more important but a reason in the IM would be nice ;)
Ive finished it but the ending is kinda crappy.... Its ok

Mennuz

Hm,Maybe it's an idea to set the brush a little harder. It just looks like the troll is having a white aura :)

Mr Jake

all the chars have a white out line, they actually look pretty dame good in game ;)

BTW Woodz, could I have the maddrix pw plz?? ;) would be useful :)
email it to me rhoggans@blueyonder.co.uk
call it For Jake IMPORTANT WORK!! or my Dad will delete it ;)

aussie

My entry is nearly ready  ;D

I'll probably have it posted over the weekend.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

magintz

When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

aussie

I just released my MAGS June entry:

;D CASABLANCA, THE DAY AFTER  ;D

The game is based on Warner Bros 1942 classic. You play Mick. It's the day after Ilsa and Lazslo managed to escape Casablanca. You know you did the right thing by letting them go. However, you are not very happy about it. To top things off, Sam won't stop playing that stupid "As time goes by" song. Your goal in this game is to use ANY means to stop him doing so. This game is re-playable, as there are at least four different combined paths leading to its completion.

The game features:

- Stunning noir hi-colour graphics!
- Two puzzles combining up to... FOUR  :o :o :o paths to complete the tragedy--- er... the game!!!
- Your favourite Nick it & Run characters!
- Some lame jokes!
- Action scenes!
- Unnecessary and potentially offensive violence!
- A classic soundtrack!
- The missing link between Casablanca and Nick it & Run!!!
- and more...

A walkthru' is included in the readme file.

Download this pearl at:

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/downloads.htm
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

jetxl

I'm out.
There are to many funny scenes I want to put in the game.
And I have to much respect for the movie to make it into a rush job.

Pet Terry

Just let you know that I have almost finished my game. I'm away for the weekend, so I'll release it next week. I would put a new screenshot here, but there's already two screenshots on my webpage.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Pet Terry

I finished it! If I work as much with my other games they would be finished in no time ::)

Download game! | Download hint-file! (you need AGS Hint System to be able to view this hint-file, download it http://ahs.shorturl.com)

Screenshot:

This game has:
- 320x240 backgrounds
- some silly animations
- about 13 rooms
- midi soundtrack
- some weird soundeffects
- stupid plot ;D
- puzzles
- and so on

If I would have polished music, graphics and animations this game wouldn't have finished yet... so it is what it is. Hope you like it though.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Mikko

Sadly, I have to withdraw Mags this month, but luckily there has been many, many good entries this time. I'm concentrating on "Spring Fever" (check announcements for info) next and I'm not sure if my "Missing Episode for The Third Man" ever comes out. I hope so.

Anyway, congrats to everyone who partipicated.

magintz

Ok guys thats it, all games must be in ...

The entrants are:
Donnie Darko - Grundislav
The Faketrix - Petteri
Cassablanca The day After - Aussie
Barry Snoter - Hotshot
Tom Hanks Away: Wilsons revenge - Juncmodule

I just need Klaus to activate the voting at http://mags.klaus-schlichter.info/
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Klaus

Jimi

heh...Mats hasn't finished.

Flanneltron

I accidentally voted for Barry Snotter...and I haven't even played it. In fact, I can't find a valid link to download it.  Does anyone know where I can get it?  Is it even finished?  Excuse my ignorance if this issue was already solved.

Squinky

I voted for donnie darko twice, not purposefully, and it seemed to register....is there anyway you can check that out?

Klaus

Flanneltron - don't panik about your accidental voting. We keep your message in mind. It really seems as if Barry Snotter casted a spell to disappear from his place :-\

Squinky, thanks for your information. It is actually possible to check out who voted twice, but we can not find every double voter because it's an anonymous voting system. Doublets will be deleted.

I added an e-mail link to the MAGS site for voting problems, so we don't need to discuss these here.

magintz

Voting is OVER!

and in third place is...
Spoiler
TOM HANKS AWAY - juncmodule
[close]

in second place is...
Spoiler
DONNIE DARKO - FRANCISCO GONZALEZ
[close]

and the winner of June Mags 2003 is...

Spoiler
CASSABLANCA THE DAY AFTER - AUUSIE
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk