background blitz 7june-20th june

Started by wOoDz, Sat 07/06/2003 10:33:34

Previous topic - Next topic

evilspacefart

That is good.

Quotesome people actually believe Bush is the best thing since sliced bread.

Was that supposed to be blatantly sarcastic? I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, Makri. I like your style and technique and would like to be in good speaking terms with you. I sincerely hope no one believes I think Bush is "the best thing since sliced bread." I sure didn't vote for him.

Look, the picture came off as a little anti-american to me, but we've established here it is not. Which is good. I simply posted a comment.
btw: I knew about Tarja Halonen because I had to write a paper on women in power while in college. Unlike Bush, she's good for the economy.

Happy adventuring.

Synthetique

let people hate bush and some amount of americans and a bit of the american way... bush is a major fuckup, and the fact that the american people voted him to precident makes me laugh. a lot of americans must be dead in their heads..

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Synthetique on Mon 16/06/2003 15:32:20
let people hate bush and some amount of americans and a bit of the american way... bush is a major fuckup, and the fact that the american people voted him to precident makes me laugh. a lot of americans must be dead in their heads..

Oh, but we DIDN"T.   ::)

Damn Florida butterfly ballots...

Trapezoid

I don't mind if you dislike him, he's not exactly my favorite person in the world either, but I find the way so many people childishly insult him to be somewhat hypocritical and completely pointless. I'll be old enough to vote during the next election. If I want to take a stand against Bush, I'll vote against him (unless there is no better opposing candidate, which seems a high possibility...)
Back to the artsiness, now.

aussie

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Quote from: evilspacefart on Sun 15/06/2003 12:40:09
I'm not offended so long as it's only aimed at mr. Bush and not Americans in general.  ::) Realise, though, that it is a joke about assasinating a country's president. I would never even dream of making a  joke about assasinating Tarja Halonen, for example. It would be wrong. Like Trapezoid said, it is flame bait, but I understand Bush isn't a very popular person lately. sorry for my little bit of angst. As for the art, very skillfully done.

I think this whole tendency of 'Attack our president and you attack all of us!' is fostered a bit too much by the present administration.  :P While a lot of people dislike Bush atm, I doubt they dislike all americans. At least, I'm one of those people.

At any rate, its an art compo, so lets leave the political discussion for another time and give the other person the benefit of the doubt.

Paranoia

nice one aussie, thats all it'll take....one little prick

disclaimer:
no way,was i been political, its all in your head :D :P

Paranoia

OneThinkingGal and ._.

I don't see any new entries in a while, so I guess we can start voting. :)

Post your votes please.

TheYak

I go for Aussie's.  Nicely implemented, simple yet effective and the most amusing idea here in my opinion.

veryweirdguy

Am I allowed to vote (having not entered)?

If so, I was going to go for makris just to be controversial, but instead I'll go for:

Ghormaks

I just really like that big monster and the effects on the earth.

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Anyone's allowed to vote, you don't have to have entered. :)

Rincewind

I like both Ghormaks and Makris entries, but Aussie definately deserves to win this Blitz.  

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Too few votes, I'll leave it open till tomorrow evening.

Renal Shutdown

"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

makri

Thud. Thud. Thud. Splat.

Miez

Aussie gets my vote, very clean picture, nice and to the point (pun intended).

Paranoia

OneThinkingGal and ._.

And we have a tie betweek Ghormak and Aussie \o/

Congrats guys, and nicely done all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk