JUNE - MAGS -- Tom Hanks Away: Wilson's Revenge

Started by juncmodule, Mon 09/06/2003 22:13:02

Previous topic - Next topic

juncmodule

WooHoo! My Cast Away parody is finished. In 9 Freakin' days!! I like it, I had fun doing it...hope you have fun playing it. Don't forget to vote for me when the time comes!

Download "Tom Hanks Away" HERE!

...and here is a screenshot:

You can view the walkthrough HERE

later,
-junc

D · Y · D · O

I love Codename: Iceman. Especially the funny dancing. I'm gonna download this, when I get home.

We are number one! All others are number two, or lower. - The Sphinx
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever. - Shane Falco
Instagame (FREE resources for your games!)

Pet Terry

Woah, great game! So far I have liked everything in it. Although I'm stuck, I need a HINT.

Spoiler
That volleyball guy wants me to swim on the other island... how???
[close]
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Dave Gilbert

Heh.  I was trying to remember where I saw those graphics from.  Thanks petteri.

Anyrate, I'm more stuck than you.  I opened up all the fedex boxes including the volleyball one.  Now I'm just wandering around the island.  Any pointers?

junc - away

Dave:

Spoiler

Go to the cave. Your goal for the first part is food, shelter, etc.
[close]

Petteri:

Spoiler

Just walk out onto the water and you will be able to swim...but, you will only be able to swim on the screen that leads to the island.
[close]

later,
-junc

D · Y · D · O

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Tue 10/06/2003 16:17:34
Heh.  I was trying to remember where I saw those graphics from.  Thanks petteri.

Life's a bitch, when nobody gives you recognition. :(

Dave Gilbert

Oops  Heh.  SOrry DYDO.  :)

ANyrate, fun game.  spoilies below

Spoiler
I had trouble with t he cave because I used the "interact" icon with it and I didn't think to WALK to it.  Ah well, stupid me.  Cool game.  The ending was cute.  I want to see Tom Hanks do a moonwalk in a real movie!  :-)
[close]

D · Y · D · O

Finished the game, loved the percussion music!

Spoiler
I got a lot of Murray vibes from the evil bastard volleyball Wilson.
The moonwalk bit was great.
[close]

Timosity

Yeah, I instantly recognised those graphics from codename: iceman, before I scrolled down,

also some from LSL2 including the 2 birds which is funny cause I think they are Australian native birds ie: a cockatoo (White one with yellow quiff) and a crimson rosella, they both fly around my house all the time. and also the cave in LSL3.

The game was ok considering I haven't seen the movie (nothing I couldn't stand more than to see tom hanks act alone with a volley ball, {his other movies are generally crap [well, his acting in them] and the other cast members usually make him look good}<how on earth has he got awards, very overrated> sorry to crap on, I know from the game you probably think the same about him.)

That aside the game was entertaining but a bit rushed, maybe a few messages for interactions (there is still ages till the end of the month if you need a few days or weeks off from it)

game play is fairly easy, which makes for a flowing story, if only tom got off the island that quick in the movie it might be worth watching.

Maybe you could make a second entry with the volleyball as the player character.

Mikko

You have definitely made a good entry, juncmodule!

But, sadly, like Timosity I haven't seen (nor heard/read much of) Cast away, so I probably missed all the parody.

Anyway, I liked the volleyball guy and, yeah, the moonwalk rocks!

Pet Terry

Hehe, I finished it without a hint, but thanks anyway junc. I haven't played Codename: Iceman and haven't seen Cast Away, but as others said I also like moonwalk. Great game :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Nostradamus

Bug!?

I did everything that I'm supposed to do according to the walkthrough to finish act 1 and move to act 2, but no cutscene happens after I light the fire and I'm not advancing ot act 2!

juncmodule

Hmmm...I checked the heck out of that section...double check your inventory for me and if you have everything could you email me the save game please?

Here is what you should have in your inventory:
Spoiler

Full Cup
Coconut
Headband
Ice Skate

The leaves should be one the floor of the cave and the fire should be lit. Wilson should also be visible in the corner.

[close]

ARGHH...I just found a pretty bad bug which may be what you did...
Spoiler

If you start the fire before you have Wilson in your inventory it lets you do it. It shouldn't. I will have to fix this. Thanks for finding it! Thanks for playing! I will have the update up soon.
[close]

EDIT: Okay, it should be fixed now. I also updated the credits plug in so the credits aren't all jumbled at the end. The upload is in the same place under the same name.

later,
-junc

Nostradamus

Thanks for updating. I'll have to restaret now.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I'd really like to play this game, but the links doesn't work. And when I checked JunModule's page, I read that HE doesn't know where he's got the game! So, if anyone has game, could you please upload it?

I'm sorry for bringing up this thread like this, but hey, you can't beat a good parody...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

tvcooper2001

I would also like to play this game but the link is still not working.  Is it possible to get a working link?  Thanks

juncmodule

I can't seem to find this game...anywhere. I don't understand what happened to all of my backups of it. I had at least two disks...

Unless if someone has a copy rotting away on their hard drive it may be lost forever... :'(

sorry,
-junc

Timosity

I found a copy and uploaded it to this web page

You have to go to the site to download it, it's only $29.95

It'll only be up for a little while (3 years 2 days and 35 mins {give or take 3 secs}) so I'd sudjest you Hurry ;)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Hurrah! Thanks a lot, Timosity! I sure hope juncmodule sees this, so he can upluad it again.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

juncAway

Thank you so much Timosity!

It is now back up in the proper place. Sorry about that.

later,
-junc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk