Aliens Inc. (a short demo)

Started by fidodido, Mon 11/11/2002 00:03:25

Previous topic - Next topic

fidodido

This is a game I'm currently working on.

You can download here a short demo of the game, including the intro.
ALIENS INC. demo

In Aliens Inc, you play the role of Ed Willis, an innocent young fellow, who gets a sudden visit from Biggie, an alien from the planet 'paso', who was sent to earth to act in an upcoming Sience-Fiction film.

Biggie took an audition, and failed, and the producer of the film decided it's too expensive to bring Biggie back to his planet. Instead, he uses the services of an undeground company to solve the situation in alternative ways.

What is this underground company? It's your job to figure it out...

edmundito

looks good. I like it how you had a bunch of animations... the intro is kind of long though.

There's a couple of things:
1) when the main char opens the door, you can't see the alien.. maybe he should walk back or something... and that room needs more detail too (it's so plain)

2) A coca-cola? are they sponsoring your game? :)

Is there anything you can do when you get to the bar... other than ordering a drink?
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

fidodido

Netmonkey - I got your remarks, and I will fix those things in the next demo or in the full game. The alien at the begining (door scene) should be seen HALF - it's deliberate.

About the bar: of course there is something to do in the bar. You have to catch the guy that chased Biggie (the alien).

When you'd finish the demo, you'll get to a room that declares "End Of Demo". If you havn't - then you still have some things to do...

Snake

Okay, sorry about that guys ;) I reread CJ's thread and I had it crossed. The person who posts their game can't request comments for critiques...they must do that in the C&C forum. I thought it was the other way around.
So Fido, keep that in mind :) Just promote your game, if someone gives you constructive criticism, that's fine, but you can't ask for it. You can ask for help, like people to draw backgrounds, make MIDIs, whatever. You can't ask for suggestions on what you could do better, though.
Here's a quote from CJs forum:
Quote* DO post: screenshots, promotional material, designer diaries, demo downloads, requests for help with your game
* DO NOT post: requests for C&C (use critics lounge)

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Trapezoid

Ah. I've never seen anyone post a demo in the C&C forum though...

Snake

We're in kind of a stink I think.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Eggie

I t would be better if you just couldn't start a thread which' sole purpose is to ask for Critque.

fidodido

Quote* DO NOT post: requests for C&C (use critics lounge)

I guess I missed that...

I'll use the critics lounge next time if I want C&C, but you can still check out the demo. I can't say when the game will be finished, but as soon as I'd know that, I'll post a thread.

Flippy_D

Hang on a moment though.......he never asked for C&C! neomonkey just gave it to him:

QuoteFidodido:
In Aliens Inc, you play the role of Ed Willis, an innocent young fellow, who gets a sudden visit from Biggie, an alien from the planet 'paso', who was sent to earth to act in an upcoming Sience-Fiction film.

Biggie took an audition, and failed, and the producer of the film decided it's too expensive to bring Biggie back to his planet. Instead, he uses the services of an undeground company to solve the situation in alternative ways.

What is this underground company? It's your job to figure it out...

He hasn't actually asked for opinions anywhere yet!

Bluke4x4

It's cool but two things are wrong.
Is it just me or can you barely see the Puffer and Drink in the bar?
And when I leave the bar, an error message comes up, and the game restarts.

evilspacefart

nice animations. i need more in my game...

Bluke4x4

Never mind, the error rarely comes up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk