JUNE MAGS - Barry Snotter..

Started by Mr Jake, Wed 11/06/2003 19:58:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Jake

I was editor on this and its done so um... yea...

http://www.geocities.com/hotshothoggs/BarrySnotter.zip

The game is good but the ending is pretty crappy...... its was changed as the artist HAD to drop out, for a v good reason......

I enjoyed editing and scripting on this game... hope you enjoy playing...

Mikko

Well, I had it a go and what to say.

I haven't seen the Potter films, but I think it's unavoidable to know little this and that about the whole thing. And I have read one of the books, I think it was the first.

Anyway, it's only 12th of June at the moment, so I think this one could have been bit more finished than it is now. Gaming-wise it's pretty standable, though simpler gui would have been enough. Graphics are, how to say, decent enough, but they would have benefitted of using the whole month of time (I read about Woodz's situation from comp&activities, so I agree he had much important going on than this game. Sorry to hear that Woodz :().

Biggest upset, though, is that the plot lacks in humor for what I think. I would have liked to see (and read) more dialogue. I also got the feeling, that I was complete outsider in the game. I mean that I felt like I should know everything already and nothing about the game world would be revealed to me unless it really had to. I hope that made any sense to you.

I hope I don't sound too harsh in here. It's always good to see some Mags games. And I shall play it again just to see ask some of the other questions. :)

Mr Jake

I was thinking of making it slightly longer and adding a few more cammos/characters but I cant draw so I cant.....

I will update it cause I think theres a few mistakes I noticed after posting it..
such as the game gets stuck if you click too close to snigger...
Speech colors are all the same (I thought I changed this, but I must have not saved the game after)

Also what do you mean about not feeling involved in the game? I dont understand sry???

btw, this is my first game  ;D

Paranoia

< ------woodz btw
If I had the time and energy I'd pull the game and help hotshot sort it but I haven't, I abandoned the game, it was trashed from my point of view, so hotshot was free do as he as he felt fit, it was the first game either of us had got this far, under better circumstances maybe it may of shined. He did the best he could from what I had left him.
Anyway I'll stop justifying my actions and I will sit on the sidelines and pretend to smile, hopefully I'll comeback and make “THE BEST AGS GAME EVER!!” lol bull!
I've had a great 2 or 3 month here, and I'll come back and post some crap when life in the real world will let me *shudders*

Sad git formally known as woodz

Mikko

Quote from: Hotshot on Fri 13/06/2003 07:20:09
Also what do you mean about not feeling involved in the game? I dont understand sry???
Well, my explanations were what they were, so don't blame you if you didn't get them. :)

Generally, what I ment was, that it has a bit hollow atmosphere. just like I was just clicking things to get the game finished and nothing else.

Anyway, it's good to have the first one off and best luck to both of you in future!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk