Apprentice (screenshot inside)

Started by Gregjazz, Fri 20/06/2003 07:32:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregjazz

Hi all,

We at Herculean Effort Productions are mere weeks away from completing this game, so I thought it'd be only proper to post a screenshot and maybe generate some enthusiam.

(For the record, "The Find" project, due to circumstances beyond our control, has been temporarily delayed. Sorry.)

This short game, "Apprentice," stars the young Mortimer "Pib" Pibsworth in his neverending quest to attain wizardhood.

The game will sport the always popular 320x200 resolution but with 16 bit color.

Be prepared for lots of humor and animation in this one!

We will release it at the same time we launch the new "Herculean Effort Productions" web site. (Hopefully early July)

evenwolf

Um, the weirdest thing happens when I check that jpg... And I don't like it.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Mikko

Looks cosy!

You've really genarated some enthusiasm in here. :)

aussie

:o :o :o

THAT IS AWESOME ART!!!

I haven't seen much like that around.

Keep it up, please.

:o :o :o

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Eero

This picture is absolutely great! Reminds me of the feeling of LucasArts adventures...

aussie

Definitely.

It's the old school DOTT graphics we love to see.  ;D
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Squinky

Yes, really good pic. Its the kinda pic that would make a boring game more bearable, cause its just interesting...

Scummbuddy

OHhh man. Thats really nice.

One thing... Is this in our time frame? Cause if not, then wouldn't that poster be one of those things that doesn't belong in the olden times... along with tape to hold it up?

OH, man, but really... Beautiful art.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Gregjazz

Scummbuddy: It's supposed to be based in a fantasy world, although I don't strictly adhere to it... If there's one thing this game doesn't do, it doesn't take itself seriously. I mean, in another world, why couldn't they have had scotch tape before automobiles?

Squinky: Don't worry about the puzzles or dialogue. I promise they will be far from boring.

Also, the picture came out slightly differently on a "normal" monitor, since it was drawn on an lcd. We're going to do a bit of color-correction...

Rincewind

Great graphics, man! They sure remind me of Simon The Sorcerer - Not only because of the wizard... ;D
Keep on working!
I'm sure practically everyone will be looking forward to this game!

jason

Wow!!! Beautiful artwork! I can't wait for this game to be released!

Snake

Yes, I agree with Jason, WOW!

That screen kicks all ass! I love that art! I'm jellionious! Holy crap, man... even the story sounds cool :) I can't wait, hopefully you finish this. I like the whole idea that he's trying to obtain wizardhood. I like that wizard stuff. Will it have goblins and magic spells?

GREAT JOB anyway, when can we see more screens? :)

Keep it up, Geoff

--Snake

PS
Screw you, you enthusiasm-making bastard!!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Nacho

:o Simon the Sorcerer 3???  :o

hehe... I guess not, but I´m sure you´ll make something lovely like Simon was with that nice graphics...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Gregjazz

Thanks for the positive response, guys! Nothing fuels our creative juices like fruity comments... just kidding, don't kill me...

Snake: Yeah, the entire GUI is based around a simple magic spell system. It's not as involved as it sounds, but it gives the game a distict style. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's going to be any goblins in this one. Sorry.

We're aiming to have the scripting and art finished by the end of this week, after which our artist is taking a one-week vacation. In this time, I'll finish up the music and the sounds.

It looks like the site will take a bit more time...maybe if we could find someone to host the Apprentice zip in the meantime? (It will be like 5 megs max)
If not, it'll probably just take a few more days (past two weeks) to get the Herculean Effort Productions site up and running.

agsking

I can tell already this is going to be one of my favorate games ever. Great stuff!

Gregjazz

Good news everyone!

Just a few more sounds and some testing (quality assurance) and Apprentice can be yours to download! Check out the Completed Game Announcements section of the AGS forums in a few days and you won't be sorry!

Trapezoid

Gregjazz

What is w00t???

Scummbuddy

say it.     now say it twice... back to back... w00t w00t!  now do that and do the "raise-the-roof" hand motions.  

... its a good thing....
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk