Grr! - Bearly Sane. Released!

Started by Duzz, Sat 21/06/2003 10:13:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Duzz

As You can see I decided to go with the title Grr! (suggested by Trap) , subtitled by SSH's terrible pun 'Bearly Sane'... for now anyway =P
-------------------

Edit: (28/12/03)  
well, it's done, look here for info...

---
I discovered MOHO yesterday and made this little animation.  It doesn't really fit into the game, but I thought I'd put it up here, cause I think it's pretty cool =)  It's DivX encoded avi video.
small version (~800kb)
Large version (~4Mb)

enjoy
-------------------

This is Dan.

Recently Dan's wife left him, takeing with her most of his worldly possessions. Declareing bankrupcy cleared his debt, but he has been living off scant casual work for a while now and can only just afford to keep his small suburbian apartment.

Dan has taken up a job at a carnival, working for a tyrannial employer: who seems to live only to be the bane of his employees. As you can see Dan is confined to a putrid bear costume, and forced to pander to childrens amusement, which all too often means bruises, aches and pains for Dan... but he needs all the work he can get.

Today, after a cruel beating from an inhuman little monster:
Dan's boss uses the feeble excuse of poor language to releave Dan of his wages, those same wages Dan was counting on to keep his apartment...

It then only takes small insentive from the bladder of a poorly trained pet for Dan to decree:
"No-one shall leave this godforsaken place alive....."

This game will sport:
- Hi-Color Graphics with 640x480 Resolution.
- A fantastic Coin based GUI that will have you saying "Wow! that's Cool!" one minute, and "This GUI is becomeing more annoying by the second" the Next!
- Plenty O' Animation...
- A Blood pressure meter, allowing you to carefully monitor Dan's Stress levels, too low, and he won't have the guts to do some of the sick, depraved things I'm sure you people will want him to do, too High however.....
- and quite possibly MORE...

Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Vel

Looks cool. Sounds very innovative. Im really looking forward to it.

jason

The art and story rocks and the walking animation (facing away from us) is hiliarious! I'm happy about your choice to go with 640x480 resolution, your graphics are very well-done and well-detailed and they will definitely benefit from that resolution.

agsking

Great characters man! I love the fat guy in the "happy world" shirt.

Duzz

Thanks guys,
The demo should come out soonish, but till then, here's a preliminary screeny:
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Rincewind

Wow! Duzz, my man - This looks absolutely stunning! You keep on working on this game! Can't wait to play it!

Vel

WOW!!!! It is looking very good Duzz!

Bitchin'!
that dog looks reaaally cool! you sure know how to do this man!
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Duzz

"Haxors" hacked my computer, and used up my monthly download usage, at the start of the month, but it's now a new month, and my computer is clean and fresh with a new hard drive and everything...   and I'm finally able to update this thread....  yay.

I've put up a tiny 1 room demo that really just to show y'all  the interface and stuff, it's 1.5ish meg, but don't expect to be able to do much or anything...
get it here

cheers

Totoro

Wah, this looks awesome... I want it... I want it now... I want it so much  ;D

jason

That was awesome, Duzz! The intro was hilarious and had some great animations. One question: does the Gargh-meter do anything as of the demo (I don't think so but I just want to make sure)? and if not, what will it eventually do?

Duzz

The meter will go up (the heart thing will beat faster) if you talk to your boss, use the seat, hurt the information stand, or hurt the seat i think.  It'll go down gradually over time as the bear calms down a bit, and also if you use the merry go round...

In the demo, the level doesn't actually have any affect on the gameplay, but in the full game you won't be able to do some actions if it is too low, or too high. I havn't finalised how I'm going to use it yet...

oh yeah, If you have any critique, suggestions, etc, feel free to tell me =)
I also need a name for this game, if you have any ideas.... ;)

Vel

LGM

Some title ideas:

Bosses, Brats, and Bears.. Oh My!

Dan the Bear

Un'bear'able (take off "Unbreakable"??)

The Right to Bear Arms (bah)

Danny Boy

Danny Bear (??)

Crazy Bear

Bah.. That's all I can think of.
You. Me. Denny's.

SSH

How about "I can't Bear it any more" or "Bearly Sane" as titles?

Look for the bear insanity
The simple bear insanity
Forget about your kiddies and your wife
I mean the bear insanity
That means violence and profanity
And a psycho wiping out some measly life....

Duzz

Thanks for the preview Vel, I'm, like, famous now!  =)

hmmm, I like 'Bearly Sane' the best so far...
QuoteLook for the bear insanity
The simple bear insanity
Forget about your kiddies and your wife
I mean the bear insanity
That means violence and profanity
And a psycho wiping out some measly life....
are they lyrics from something SSH?

veryweirdguy

Duzz, those lyrics from SSH are the same as those from 'The Bear Necessities' from The Jungle Book (Disney cartoon film version), although he's just edited them a bit:

The Original:
Look for the bear necessities,
The simple bear necessites,
Forget about your worries and your strife,
I mean the bear necessities,
Um........something something,
somthing something life?

Duzz

doo de doo.. bump added this to the head of the topic:
-------------------

Edit: (6/12/03)  I wasn't going to edit this thread again till i resleased the game, but I got bored...

Progress-  The game is playable from start till end, but I've still gotta:
- fix up a couple of backgrounds,
- redraw 2 characters,
- add a save/load gui,
- put in some sound fx and music,
- and do a whole bunch of animating
so I'm hopeing it'll be done before the end of the month. (fingers crossed)

I discovered MOHO yesterday and made this little animation.  It doesn't really fit into the game, but I thought I'd put it up here, cause I think it's pretty cool =)  It's DivX encoded avi video.
small version (~800kb)
Large version (~4Mb)

enjoy
-------------------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk