MAGS JULY

Started by aussie, Tue 01/07/2003 18:49:34

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie

I got my act together and came up with the rules.

Given that Mittens will be held this month, MAGS should probably be somehow based on the AGS community itself.

Therefore, the only rule is that all MAGS entries must include an "illustrious" member of the AGS community as the main player. The topic is free, although Mittens is probably the most suitable environment.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

magintz

I think you should state whether or not it is mittens based or not, don;t be so sketchy round the edges, i was hoping you would send me the guidlines before hand so I could read over them, but they seem fine, my only critique is that you should be less vague, either you want mittens or you dont, or another theme, also could you perhaps outline what is meant by "an 'illustrious' member of the AGS community" as it may help people.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

I think he made it pretty clear... it's gotta be about a prominant ags member- one who most of the forums would know and/or recognise- and it can be about MAGS but doesn't have to be.

MachineElf

Hmm... Not very fond of these community-based games... Too many of these already. Just my opinion though. Won't enter this month, however. Hmm, how am I then going to come around and make something...?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Dave Gilbert

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of "in-jokey" games either.  But who knows? I might enter.  The last time I said I wouldn't enter I ended up entering.

Paranoia

i don't kno anyone well enuff to take the pi** ooops! sorry! i mean to make a game about them :-\

Squinky

I like the rules so far, starting up a quick game right now...

scotch

Me too, although I'm always busy so I can't guarantee I'll finish.. done 3 characters so far though ;)

Rocco

im an AGS-Newbie, therefore its difficult to join the july competition.
i allmost know nothing about the community.
also dont know who or where is mittens?
hopefully the next month guidelines, are not only for insider.

Vel

Which game is gonna star me?

Paranoia

can the game be about regular members? rather than "illustrious" members....a board subject maybe? if i can, count me in, i've got just the right man and story....... (*insert best doctor evil laff here*) ;) ;)

x0z

Quote from: Vel on Wed 02/07/2003 13:01:22
Which game is gonna star me?

Game named "Vel's business" made by me!

Is that okay to you?

Vel

OK! If I dont play the gay pirate role.

Vel

And Im making a game about.... myself. It'll be full of jokes, innuendos and stuff.

aussie

Just an aclaration about the rules.

"Illustrious" is just a general term which I intended to comprehend all members of the AGS community, that is, the game can be made about anyone.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

x0z

Quote from: Vel on Wed 02/07/2003 17:39:05
OK! If I dont play the gay pirate role.

How you guess that?  ???  ;D

- No! Really you are business man and youre trying to steal Microsoft to yourself!

n3tgraph

hmmm interesting this

too bad I don't have enough time :/
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Vel

Paranoia

as long as i don't face a D.I.V.O.R.C.E. this month :-\, my chosen victim, i mean member, is............
Trapezoid and his pussie cam!, well assuming he doesn't mind, and he'll get to see it first ;D

Paranoia

rookworm3

Hi. I was thinking of making one for this month but:
1) can the illustrious member be yourself?
or, failing that
2) can he be a amalgamtion of characteristics of several different community members?
I ask because I'm not entirely comfortable just picking a name off the boards and making a game about him.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk