Soo... what's the female count here?

Started by Meowster, Fri 04/07/2003 01:36:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowster

It's not like this thread isn't educational.

Anyway, consider it the... Workers Union of AGS! Think, no Admin or Mod would DARE shut this down! Think of the revolt! It would be like taking candy from a baby...  france in a war Freedom from Asylum Seekers! We can plot mutinies against Chris Jones and EVERYTHING on this thread.

Jimi

we had a mutiny on IRC yesterday. sooo much fun. We tortured roger and everything. *sigh* :) But..there wsn't really a mod there, so it wasn't to hard.

Meowster

GarageGothic

Quote from: Trapezoid on Wed 09/07/2003 18:54:17But I do think the 10% figure is way overestimated.

According to the Kinsey report 26% of women by the time they are 45 has had some homosexual experience, whereas about 50% of men have. These are the numbers I have at hand now. I'm not sure if these figures are sexual encounters to the point of orgasm. I seem to remember that that figure was a bit lower, but certainly over 40%. I won't argue that few of these people would call thelmselves gay or bi, but behaviour and identity are different things.

Quote from: undergroundling on Wed 09/07/2003 19:15:34Personally, I think bisexuality in most cases is bullshit. Granted, there are certainly people who are bisexual, but I've known far too many people who claim/claimed to be bisexual but they "prefer" one sex or the other.

So by your definition, the attraction to each of the sexes must be equal for a person to be a bisexual? No wonder it's easy to dismiss bisexuality if you see 0-2 on the Kinsey scale as straight and 4-6 as gay. Tell me this: If you preferred, say, brunettes, and you met this incredible person who had all the qualities you could wish for in a partner except she was a blonde, would you totally abandon all interest you had in her, just because of her hair color?
Of course you can prefer one sex or the other, just like you can prefer people with a certain hair color, people who are into certain types of music, or who dress in a certain style of clothing. All these things matter, as do thousands of other little details, and yes, we all have preferences. But to let them get in the way of your happiness is plain silly. To me, being bi means that gender doesn't matter any more than hair color or other external factors. In my opinion, hetero- as well as homosexuality is gender-fetischism where gender suddenly overrides all other qualities, external as well as internal.

QuoteMany gay people say they're bisexual because they don't want to or are afraid to admit that they are homosexual.

That's funny. In my experience it's the other way around, that bi people identify outwardly as gay, not to be excluded from the gay community, leading to funny identities such as "lesbians who sleep with men". And while it might not be the case in a college environment, people in general seem to be much more uncomfortable with bisexuals than with gays - while gay people are being domesticated, marrying, adopting kids and becoming "straights with a twist", bisexuals are still seen as sexual outlaws, as promiscuous, non-monogamous and spreaders of AIDS.

I could go on, but I won't, since this is so much off-topic from the original thread. It's just that these statements really piss me off, you know.

Gemmalah

Quote from: m0ds on Fri 04/07/2003 15:01:16

the age of 14, girls seem to lose interest in climbing trees and generally being adventurous.

dunno i still like climbing trees, skuba diving, sandcastles, i'm 17. but then again gurkin and chocolate spread omlettes do that to you.
girtls can do what ever they want to all well and good is they want to be girly and well if they don't to be honest i don't and i also like computers, can crash one within 5 minutes.

*checks out mental age is ashamed*
Dragon Slayers demo finally finishedGet it here!

Matt Brown

half of guys have had a homosexual experieance??? If this means, wondering what if would feel like, or muttering, "that guy is cute" or something, I can belive that. but if that means actually having sex, (which I'm assuming it does), I still find this hard to belive. what country was the study in?
word up

Meowster

I'm straight and I say stuff like, "That girl is hot!" or "Oh my god, look at her legs" the whole time. Mostly out of envy though, but I guess people could construe that as lesbianism. Is Construe a word?

panda_different computer

well, I think its a bit different for guys. most girls that I know say things like that. I suppose it has to do with girls being more secure about that sort of thing.

and construe is a word. dunno if its spelled right. I have no idea

GarageGothic

Mr. Panda: I checked up the numbers from Kinsey's "Sexual Behavior in the Human Male" (the ones I mention were quoted in another book). The survey is of white American males in 1948 - the results of the female survey were published in 1953. Paraphrasing the report:

At least 37% of the male population have at least some overt homosexual experience leading to orgasm between the beginning of adolescence and old age.

The 50% mentioned previously includes experiences not leading to orgasm as well as homosexual psychic arousal.

I couldn't find the numbers for females in the hurry (I did find the statistics for sexual experiences with animals, but that's another matter... :)), but they are somewhat lower, around 20% as I recall.

Jimi

yeah. If a guy was to say another guy wass really good-looking, they'd most likely be beaten up.

Meowster

Jimi

yup. but its life. Someone at school said something like that. I think he got a transfer to another school because the bullying was bad.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I know a few gay guys. They are very feminine acting. One of them dyes his hair every month and thinks he's a witch.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Meowster

LMAO I love gay guys! There's two where I work, they're SO fashionable! And they're dead funny! I think it's because they're so outrageous or something, but the only gay guys I've ever met are brilliant. And Graham Norton! ROTFL. Gay guys, while being triple horny, are triple funny also :D :D :D

Femme Stab Mode >:D

A bi guy I know is damn funny! I don't like it when he slaps my ass though. But he's damn funny! ;D
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Trapezoid

Well, here's another thing to discuss. Do you think some gay guys act femmy because they think they're supposed to?

Jimi

dunno. but gay guys are very funny.

c.leksutin

Ding-ding-ding

It's the gen-gen gestapo.  The is going waaay off topic, this thread should have been wrapped up in 2 pages, MAX.

C.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk