Beyond Reality - Newer, more AWESOME update on Main Page

Started by Meowster, Sun 06/07/2003 02:13:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowster

Quote from: SSH on Mon 22/09/2003 12:20:23
If you're going to be selling it, maybe we can give you lots of review quotes to stick on your game boxes...

This quote is perfect!

m0ds

I found these two!

QuoteI thought Beyond Reality was a packet of Wheeto's, and ate it none the less. 10/10

QuoteBy PC GAMER
Beyond Reality shits on Half Life II. 99%

Meowster

Tim Schafer

Oh man ... now I'm gonna ... have his babies, IMMEDIATELY.  You ... completely ... awesome .... I... feel dumb? That ... awesome.... Dude. Dang. This one's long. ...how insensitive it is for you to make fun of my time in prison. ...good thing... Hell, I'm all for it!

These words were all typed by Tim Schafer. I only copy pasted.
Spoiler
in a completely unrelated topic to Beyond Reality. May be edited and pasted together to form sentences from remnants of other sentences.
[close]

Oh, that reminds me... update on the first page of this thread.

InCreator

Great graphics! Looks like some weird (but cool) amateur style, like you have mixed Monkey Island, Loom, DOTT and Pleurghburg together...
Well, graphics DO matter, at least for me, because these shots started to interest me at first sight.

Meowster

Hey! Well BR is gonna be finished by Saturday. Or at least, ready for full testing by Saturday. So, I need all the kicking I can get. It's mid-term break and it's all too easy to lie back and relax instead of working. Which brings me to this: The List of Stuff I have One Week to Do:

1 Science Careers Project   (8 pages)
2. 8 A4 Page Book Reports   (16 Pages in Total)
2. 200 Page Books to Read to Do the Reports on. (Fuckload of reading)
1. Religion Project (STUPID Catholic School)   (8 pages)
1. Medium Length Video Game   (Bitchload of work)
1. Career Guidance Project  (I don't even know what I'm supposed to do)
   Total Workload: Shitloads.

So, when I say I need people to constantly bitch at me to get working, I mean I need people to constantly bitch at me to get working.

All I need to do is finish the programming for the puzzles in Cliffville, start the programming of the puzzles in the Foreboding Mountain, and make the ending. Yeah! Er. Well anyway. The beginning is all finished. And if it's not reading in time for the public, there's always, "Too Be Continued!"

Yay!!!!

Vel

Pet Terry

Yes, cool indeed!

So... do you need anymore music?
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Meowster

I don't think so. Perhaps something ambient for one of the caves. It's the progromming thats screwing everything up. And I'm screwing up the programming. Oh woe, woe, for it is an endless loop.

SSH

So, as your programming associate, why don't you PM me for help, silly lady!

I want to do SOMETHING to justify a credit in the game!

Meowster

Oh, I'm giving away spaces for free. But okay.

Snake

Sweet, I can't wait for this!

Work on, LADS!

Oh, and my favorite quote:
Quoteyou know when you just hang around, expecting somebody to tell you to do something but they never do? Uh huh.

:P

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

remixor

Bitch bitch bitch, work work work!

There.  
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Meowster

I'm so proud! I'm so happy! I have the entire of the puzzles from the first half of the game complete! All two of them. Now I just have to finish polishing the second half! Although... there is that one bug as Ian goes into the dreamworld, where he seems to want to wake himself by slapping his face repeatedly on the ground insteading of walking. I don't know why that's happening. But anyway!

You'll have to excuse the slight marks on some of these backgrounds; it is only sweat and blood from my relentless overnight toil:

And then there is the cutscene. Oh man is that cutscene going to be awesome! Well, it's awesome in my mind, and I'm sure that's how it will turn out on paper. Or on monitor. or whatever. Whatever the medium.

Okay, here are some stats:
Total Sprites: 470
Sprite Folders: 25
Total Views: 56
Inventory Items: 34
Characters: 22
Dialogue Topics: 8     -----  
  (Yes, er, not all dialogues are finished yet...)
Dialogue Messages: 169

It also says here there are 84 rooms. I don't think this is right, because quite frankly, I've checked all the blueprints and all the plans and all the stuff I stole, and there was never any plan to have 84 rooms. So I'm thinking that the number 84 represents all of the cutscene pictures, transition rooms and part of the credits sequence. So I'd say that realistically, there are about 50 rooms. Plus all the characters aren't actually imported yet; I'm still using Roger to simulate those characters that I haven't finished animating yet, so there will be I think... 28 characters in total. 26 of which will serve no purpose but to annoy you, and make you cry, and stop you from completing your goal in cyber-life, and make occasional smart comments, and make you scream when you realize you can't skip the speech.

Anyway,

It's amazing how much of our time we waste sleeping. Last night seemed like an eternity, which is good because it gives me longer to fix up all the bugs! Yay for eternity! Yay for sleepless nights! Now here is my secret; I no longer require sleep. It's true. I have gotten past the stage where I feel the need to sleep. Well, that or I'm completely over-tired. But come on, which one is more likely? I always knew I was adopted, or at least, I guessed I was that day I realized just how stupid my brothers truly were. I had never guessed I was adopted  from some sort of sleepless celestial force, however.

I destroyed a carpet with coffee last night, and in case you are interested: Carpets are not waterproof. They are totally not waterproof. The coffee just goes right through, and then it goes between the floorboards and then it drips down on to the TV and then, oh geeze, I won't say what happens next. Just believe me, you don't want to find out.

Did I mention how stupid my brothers are? Well I just realized something. Either it's a weird, uncanny coincedence, or perhaps one of my parents really is my real parent after all... because both Finn and I have this rather irritating habit of talking non stop when we become tired. So I will leave it here, and perhaps try to sleep, or drink more coffee, or straighten my spine, or try to dry the carpet, or finish colouring these cutscene graphics, or try to dry off the top of the TV.

Or maybe I'll try to figure out why insects like to land on my monitor and tear off their own legs one by one. Perhaps I should introduce them to that little game played the human way... with Daisies.

She's not going to love you ever, if you have no legs, you moron.

PS. I hear they are giving away free chocolate and bunnies on the first post of this thread!

remixor

That third screenshot is particularly sweet, as is the cutscene one.  Hooray!  Work more!  
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Meowster

That's not cutscene. I don't know what you are talking about. Do you mean the cutscene graphic that I just uploaded only the first page of this thread? That's what you get for not reading the label.

Snake

lol
Yuffy, you're a dweeboid ;)

Like I already told you, your art slap's the cat's ass. That cutscene pic is awesome (the same goes for the one you showed me through IRC). Keep it up, and get a c00kie!!1

Hurry up, damn you.

--Sir William Scott (Tin Shafter's third cousin)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Meowster

Newer. Smarter. More aggressive.

I need five beta testers. The game isn't being released today, but it is to the Beta Testers. I don't have Beta Testers. Now, I like Beta Testers, I do. If you would like to be a Beta Tester, I might even like you. So don't be dumb, be a beta tester today. As a plus, I'll tell you a secret.

Who wants to beta test?

PeaceMan

Beta testing, great stuff.

peaceman@whsmith.net

m0ds

Matt Brown

Im in

pandaman424@yahoo.com

subject line beta test please
word up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk