Wat Do YOU Use to Make Backgrounds?

Started by , Sun 06/07/2003 12:04:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Smith

OK... i know how to make backgrounds and stuff and ive already made a few games but wen i compare my backgrounds to others they look somewat boring... so, wat program do you use to make your backgrounds... i use paint which limits wat i can do.. please reply... thankyou

Jimi

it depends what you prefer,. there is Paint shop pro, Photoshop, alll sorts of dufferent ones. its all down to taste.

Robert Smith

I want to get that fade to diffeternt color effect... Any suggestions?

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I use Adobe ImageReady. It's like Photoshop in many ways. You can save bmp files by using the "export origional" option. To make spites I use Paint Shop Pro.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

PeaceMan

Quote from: Robert Smith on Sun 06/07/2003 12:17:31
I want to get that fade to diffeternt color effect... Any suggestions?

If you mean gradients you could use Paint Shop Pro. It's cheaper than Photoshop.

If your in England there is a magazine out at the minute where you get the full PSP 5 free on the cover CD. I think it is still out at the minute.

Minimi

well, im pretty much involved with the 3D world.. so I make my backgrounds with 3D Studio Max 4.2 and Bryce5. But if your talking about the "normal" backgrounds.. I'm also not coming any further than mspaint! :P

Robert Smith

Thanks... Ive never tried making a 3d game with AGS so i think ill try that out... Thanks agen

Meowster

At the moment I'm making pixel-style backgrounds, so I make an outline in MSPaint which I test in AGS to make sure everything is the right size (IE the table isn't twice the height of Roger) Then I give it those wonderful old crap effects in Dpaint, add effects if I need them in Photoshop and then... voila! De La Crap!

scotch

I use photoshop, best general graphics program really.  3D will take you longer to learn to use than 2d, 2d is just what people are generally more used to.
(Unless you use poser and bryce etc ;) )

Main advantage of PS and PSP are the unlimited undo and layers.  Layers are very useful for lots of things such as lighting or shading effects, seeing what your characters look like on top of the your background, animating frames and more.

Minimi

But if you find Photoshop too expensive product, then you can also use "The Gimp" wich is a very good drawing tool made for linux but also available for windows users, and is totally free. The Gimp looks much like Photoshop, and you can make some wonderfull pics with it!

PeaceMan

I dowloaded the GIMP once but I couldn't workout how to install the thing properly. There were too many downloads on the page.

TerranRich

Enough. Seriously, this is NOT the forum for art questions. Okay? I'm going to keep locking wrongly-placed threads until peopel learn. i apologize if I seem pissed, but I refuse to move topics. You should know where they go. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk