Things that haven't been inventory items... yet

Started by Mats Berglinn, Mon 07/07/2003 19:07:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Isegrim

Satan's pitchfork was in Satan's Quest...
This post was generated automatically and therefore bears no signature.

modgeulator

Quote from: Mephistophilis on Mon 16/08/2004 18:59:02
Your right about Dig, I just remembered that they both involved Sawing Someone's Hand off, but Flashbax let's you Keep it in your inventory.
Nah, it has to be "your" hand. As in your hand in your inventory. Well, it made perfect sense to me last night...
Quote from: AGA on Mon 16/08/2004 13:28:10
There was a broken sword in Escape from Monkey Island.
But is it called "broken sword"? I think there's also a broken sword in Return To Zork. Probably about a million other games too. Maybe I'll just cross it out.

AGA

Well it's a sword, and it's broken. Plus Guybrush makes some sort of reference to the games when you look at it, I think.

Mats Berglinn

Yes AGA, it is a in-joke to the game Broken Sword when you open the sewer outside the bank with the broken sword.

But about the sword: First it just say sword but Guybrush says that is cracked but then you use it to brake of the hinges and it breaks, then it becomes a 'broken sword' (duh!).

Mephistophilis

Did 7 Days a Skeptic not have your hand in the Inventory? It was so you could interact with Inventory objects? or was it just an eye and things?
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis

Really?
Has there ever been a loaded gun ina Game where you couldn't care less about shooting people? Not like Pleurghburg where your a Law guy.

InCreator

Quote from: Trapezoid on Tue 08/07/2003 00:04:09

a kazoo
DUCT TAPE??

Kazoo (whatever THAT is) - if I remember correctly - was name of a flea in "Goblins 3". And he was used as pick-up-able inventory item.

Where did I see duct tape for the last time? Some AGS game probably...

AGA

There was a kazoo AND duct tape in Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.

edmundito

"Duck" tape is the oldest inventory item in the book! Well, the oldest one is a key.

Ten "useful" inventory items:

- The Internet (yes, the whole internet in your inventory, somehow, and I'm not talking about accessing the internet)
- An 18-wheeler truck (Actually, I wouldn't be suprised if this has been an inventory item, with the absurdity of some adventure games)
- AGA himself (he could be an inventory item, right? right? maybe we'll have that on Mittens Kwest... coming the day Dave Gilbert gets to work on it!)
- A hammer made out of cheese (someone once suggested me to use that, or something similar to to that)
- You soul (hey, this one is pretty cool!)
- A copy of the adventure game you're currently playing (breaking the 4th wall :o)
- The mouse pointer (Breaking the 4th wall again. Use mouse pointer with whatever, and then your mouse gets stuck there. Your EGO breaks free and you lose the game).
- A party (in your pants, and everyone's invited! (bad pun))
- A picture of your character, naked. (no comment)
- Last, but not least, Adventure Game Studio (you can make games within your game!)
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

[Cameron]

Mats Berglinn

I got some more:

A monster-truck
Tickets to a opera
A light-saber (any kind)
A compass that doesn't point north (yes, I was thinking of Pirates of the Caribbean)
Note-sheets to a Wagner opera.
Ben Franklin's kite (you get to hold it DOTT but it doesn't show in Iventory window)
Raisins
A mine cart
A sheep
Potatoes
A cloud
A drunken parrot
A hyperactive parrot
A haloween bag full of candy
Fake fangs
Nosehair from an elephant
LeChuck's wriggeling beard (yes, we see it in MI2 but it's not seen in the inventory window)
A box full of many kinds of stuff
A magic hat
A ladder (throughout MI4 Guybrush tells that he can never get a ladder into his pants but did that mistake once)
A McDonald's coupon.
A stop-watch

Well, that's all I can think of right now.

Haddas

QuotePotatoes

Hmm... I was going to say it myself, but flash works so much better.

Mephistophilis

FoA had a Ladder and Monkey Island 1 had a Compass that pointed to Stan's Ship yard.

mousemat

a dragon
a crows tail feathure
a grain of sand
a jar of molten lava
Oh yer moon walkin'
www.freewebs.com/bkreview/

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: Mephistophilis on Sun 22/08/2004 19:54:22
FoA had a Ladder and Monkey Island 1 had a Compass that pointed to Stan's Ship yard.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the compass.

Mephistophilis

A Head ON A Stick.
Anything that claims to be signed by Ron Gilbert but is signed by Lou Gehrigh (?)
Heavy Artillery
A Computer
A Bicep
An AGS award

AGA

There was a laptop computer in Space Quest 4.

Mephistophilis

Damn forgot about that, Well it has to be a Desktop then!

mousemat

A phone charger
A card with your 4 today on it
er nothing else for now
Oh yer moon walkin'
www.freewebs.com/bkreview/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk