Things that haven't been inventory items... yet

Started by Mats Berglinn, Mon 07/07/2003 19:07:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey

Quote from: King_Nipper on Thu 01/09/2005 22:27:48

The Starship Enterprise

hmmm i dont see how you could ever carry a whole starship. 
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

IM NOT TEH SPAM

I bet you could find a way ;)

And if there ever is an item like that it would probably just be a model, so what difference does it make?
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: Corey on Fri 02/09/2005 15:37:17
Quote from: King_Nipper on Thu 01/09/2005 22:27:48

The Starship Enterprise

hmmm i dont see how you could ever carry a whole starship.Ã, 

Well, Herman Toothrot got a whole sledge-hammer into his pockets in Night of the Hermit, so why not? At least in a comedy or a cartoon game, not serious, realisic ones like The Dig.

By the way, have there any game that had a GPS Navigator? I'm planning to use one for a future project.

Corey

and what about a pom-pom of a clown suit  :D
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend

IM NOT TEH SPAM

All of a sudden I feel like making a game about a pom-pom from a clown suit...

Corey

why not make a game of: "Steven King's IT" ?? I'm sure it will be a thrilling horror adventure  :P
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend

Phemar

I'm pretty sure the AGS forums on a stiffy haven't been included yet ...

Afflict

vict0r

-The lid of a pringles can
-65 pieces of eight
-Tooth
;D

Afflict

Quote from: Einoo on Sun 12/12/2004 01:19:35
999 million bottles of beer on the wall

If they are on the wall how are they in your inventory? :)

Quote from: BMF-Inc on Sun 09/01/2005 22:14:20
The hair of a three-toed sloth

Flight of the amazon queen...

vict0r

Quote from: Corey on Sun 04/09/2005 18:49:58
why not make a game of: "Steven King's IT" ?? I'm sure it will be a thrilling horror adventureÃ,  :P

No, it would probably be a lousy game with a clown who eats children, and turns into a spider. Maybe even worse than the movie :-\

IM NOT TEH SPAM

If it involves a dead milkman from the 1930's, it can't be bad...

vict0r

Quote from: Lord Nipper on Sat 26/11/2005 18:28:33
If it involves a dead milkman from the 1930's, it can't be bad...

Agree!

Btw. didnt you use to be called king nipper? :P

Radiant

* The Starship Enterprise - QFG2 has the starship Exitprise in the store
* 65 pieces of eight -- MI1 has more than that
* Tooth -- Kyrandia II has one

Okay, this bit is old since I was responding to the wrong message. So sue me.

* A pen-eraser -- Sorcerer (sequel to Enchanter)
* A rubber-ducky -- Ultima VI.
* Some garlic -- come on, there's plenty of vampire games out there.
* Nothing -- in HHGTG, you carry "No Tea" from the beginning, which kind of qualifies
* A broken record -- easy, Maniac Mansion
* Purple boxing gloves -- the Zelda Oracle series have boxing gloves, not sure if they're purple though
* A live fish -- King's Quest II
* A piece of carpet lint -- Larry 1 has pocket lint
* two toned wall paper -- Zak McKracken, near the beginning
* the Zak McKracken FM-Towns soundtrack on a cd -- well, in the NES version of Maniac Mansion each character carries a soundtrack in a CD player
* one monkey tail ( sans monkey) -- I think the MI2 copy protection has one.
* lima beans in jelly -- A Boy And His Blob.
* a care bear with a stake in its heart -- Boppin' (though not an adventure game, it uses a "deady bear" as a logo)

IM NOT TEH SPAM

QuoteThe Starship Enterprise - QFG2 has the starship Exitprise in the store

Not an inventory item though... not even the enterprise (though it made a few appearances in that game)

And yea, I was King_Nipper.  I always liked Lord Nipper better though...

Einoo

*Bond. James Bond.
*Stephen Hawking
*A tall midget
*A short giant
*the Internet
Now let's find out if gasoline is flammable!

Mats Berglinn

Quote* 65 pieces of eight -- MI1 has more than that

MI2 also have more than 65 pieces of eight.

Quote* Some garlic -- come on, there's plenty of vampire games out there.

Were there some garlic in any Adventure games? There'll be some garlic in my upcoming Christmas game, though.

Quote* A broken record -- easy, Maniac Mansion

Beep, wrong! There were two records but none of them were broken nor can they be broken. I think you mixed that up with broken ketchupbottles or the broken chandilair.

Quote* Purple boxing gloves -- the Zelda Oracle series have boxing gloves, not sure if they're purple though

A: No, they were red, and B: The Zelda games are not Adventure games, well at least not Click and Point ones. They're more of action adventures.

Quote* the Zak McKracken FM-Towns soundtrack on a cd -- well, in the NES version of Maniac Mansion each character carries a soundtrack in a CD player

Maybe so but none of them had Zak McKraken on them.

Quote* one monkey tail ( sans monkey) -- I think the MI2 copy protection has one.

There wasn't any loose monkey tails in any of the MI games.

Quote* lima beans in jelly -- A Boy And His Blob.
Again not an adventure game even if I haven't played it.

Can't think of any inventory items that haven't been used at the moment.

Pesty

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Sun 27/11/2005 06:59:47

Quote* Some garlic -- come on, there's plenty of vampire games out there.

Were there some garlic in any Adventure games? There'll be some garlic in my upcoming Christmas game, though.

Quest for Glory 4 has quite a bit of garlic.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Radiant

Quote from: Mats Berglinn link=topic=7122.msg293190#msg293190

Beep, wrong! There were two records but none of them were broken nor can they be broken. I think you mixed that up with broken ketchupbottles or the broken chandilair.

Beep, RIGHT! The record you find in the piano room is in fact broken, in the original version of Maniac Mansion (as well as the enhanced and NES versions). LucasFan saw fit to replace it by a Loom Soundtrack in his version, but that's not canon.

A: No, they were red, and B: The Zelda games are not Adventure games, well at least not Click and Point ones. They're more of action adventures.
There's other kinds of adventure besides point-n-click. The older Sierra games qualify, as do all infocommies. I would certainly call Boy and his Blob an adventure, because there's little to do besides walking through rooms solving the puzzles. Same goes for the Dizzy series.

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 28/11/2005 17:55:47
Quote from: Mats Berglinn link=topic=7122.msg293190#msg293190

Beep, RIGHT! The record you find in the piano room is in fact broken, in the original version of Maniac Mansion (as well as the enhanced and NES versions). LucasFan saw fit to replace it by a Loom Soundtrack in his version, but that's not canon.

Oh, I didn't thought the record was broken. I had played the orignal MM but I didn't remember that the record in the piano room was broken. I didn't mind that it was replaced by the Loom music.

There's other kinds of adventure besides point-n-click. The older Sierra games qualify, as do all infocommies. I would certainly call Boy and his Blob an adventure, because there's little to do besides walking through rooms solving the puzzles. Same goes for the Dizzy series.

Okay but still the Zelda games doesn't count as adventure games, not as the kind of adventure games where it requires brains, inventory items, hard thinking (most of the time) than button mashing. Now let's carry on with the unused inventory items.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk