Things that haven't been inventory items... yet

Started by Mats Berglinn, Mon 07/07/2003 19:07:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: Afflict on Wed 15/03/2006 18:50:24
Porta potty was in DOTT.. used as a teleporter..

Not as an inventory item, besides the Chron-O-John wasn't a teleporter but as a Time Machine.

About the termites, there was some in Escape From Monkey Island.

About the guitar in Zak, yes you could buy it and it does come in handy too. There's also a guitar in Night of the Hermit.

Have these been used:

Grapefruit
Orange
Pineapple
Group of grapes
Strawberries
Raspberries
Cherries
Kumquats
Kiwi fruits
Mango
Squash
Gourds
Watermelon
Honeymelon
Zukini (no, not the John Muir shaped zukini-squash from Sam & Max)
Sweet Potato
Passion fruit
100+ year old beer
100+ year old rum
100+ year old whiskey
A bandana
A bonsai

Corey

Freddie's handshoe with knifes as fingers.  ;D or is there anightmare on elmstreet game already??  :)
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

Radiant

Larry 6 has oranges. Larry 2 has a fruit bowl.
Kyrandia 2 has various kinds of fruits but I'm not sure which. It also has a bandana that the main character carries, even if it doesn't show up in the inv.list.
Monkey Island 2 has very old rum, as do various detective games (specific ages generally not given).
Cadaver has 100-year-old beer. And probably the other drinks as well.

A bonsai (Japanese fakeplants made of stone)
Bonsai are neither fake nor stone (nor plants, technically they're trees). (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonsai)

Also, have you played Keen Dreams?

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 20/03/2006 21:58:41
Larry 6 has oranges. Larry 2 has a fruit bowl.
Kyrandia 2 has various kinds of fruits but I'm not sure which. It also has a bandana that the main character carries, even if it doesn't show up in the inv.list.
Monkey Island 2 has very old rum, as do various detective games (specific ages generally not given).
Cadaver has 100-year-old beer. And probably the other drinks as well.

A bonsai (Japanese fakeplants made of stone)
Bonsai are neither fake nor stone (nor plants, technically they're trees). (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonsai)

Also, have you played Keen Dreams?

Oh, I thought that bonsai was plants or trees that are faked. Anyway, about the fruit bowl it doesn't count because it's a fruit bowl and I was talking about the fruits alone. Okay, oranges have been comfirmed been used. If a bandana isn't a inventory item then it doesn't count.

I don't remember that Guybrush ever got hold on rum that's very old in MI2, I recalled that he did got non-acholholic grog and in MI4 he got very old grog.

Keen Dreams, never heard of it? Is that an adventure game? I only have played Lucas Arts games and AGS games.

Radiant

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Tue 21/03/2006 12:09:13
I don't remember that Guybrush ever got hold on rum that's very old in MI2, I recalled that he did got non-acholholic grog and in MI4 he got very old grog.

IIRC when you get to a certain old pirate, you are given a mug of really old rum (or maybe it was grog) and have to switch it with alcohol-free grog. At any rate you do hold the mug of old liquor for a while.

Keen Dreams, never heard of it? Is that an adventure game? I only have played Lucas Arts games and AGS games.

No, it's a platformer (by id software, from the famous Commander Keen series) featuring fruit- and veggie-based enemies.

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: Radiant on Tue 21/03/2006 14:05:50
Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Tue 21/03/2006 12:09:13

IIRC when you get to a certain old pirate, you are given a mug of really old rum (or maybe it was grog) and have to switch it with alcohol-free grog. At any rate you do hold the mug of old liquor for a while.

It wasn't very old rum but very STRONG grog which made Guybrush faint everytime he drank.

lo_res_man

speaking of old alcoholic beverages, I have heard tell of guys while exploring an approx. 150 year old shipwreak, found some unbroken bottles of whiskey, corks still in, and (cuz its wqhiskey) still okay, in fact better then okey, smoothest whiskey EVER! I heard it was damn good.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Afflict

Gilbert

Well in DOTT you can have a bottle of 100+ year old wine... errr.... if that is still wine anymore...

* Gilbot V7000a beats Mats for using that avatar!

Krysis

Quote from: Afflict on Tue 11/04/2006 08:51:37
Priceless bottle of whiskey!

Everything has a price ;)

Here are a few inventory items I've never seen:
toy X-Wing
coala bear
car tire
troll
calculator
human spine
a dozen of worms (Maybe there were some in Sam&Max)
bird nest or bird house
pink elephant
moose head
a silver trophy shaped like a fish.

Mats Berglinn

There's a bird nest in Zak McKraken and The Alien Mindbenders.

About the wine/vinegar: I'm not sure about this. The wine becomes vinegar after it's been stored about 400 years then the wine should not be counted as wine anymore... or does it.

To Gilbot: (imitates Dr. Fred) Stop it, you little twirp!

IM NOT TEH SPAM

QuoteA bonsai

Quest for glory 4... you saved one from the goo.

QuoteCar Tire

I believe there was one in the jon stickman demo...
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

TheCheese33

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

Radisshu

A living family of squirrels trapped in a coconut FOREVER.

CoffeeBob

I believe there's no adventure game that's had these things;
the swedish flah
the flag of Skåne (a part of sweden)
blue cup mutated into a three-legged goblin
a jar of earwax
a glass-bowl with decorative patterns
ancient, egyptian toilet paper.
Well, using them as part of the inventory wouldn't make sense anyways, so I can see why they haven't been in any adventure game yet, if they haven't. :P

advent

Swordchucks
Pack of popcorns
The whole collection of Tintin

Mats Berglinn

QuoteI believe there's no adventure game that's had these things;
the swedish flah
the flag of Skåne (a part of sweden)
blue cup mutated into a three-legged goblin
a jar of earwax
a glass-bowl with decorative patterns
ancient, egyptian toilet paper.
Well, using them as part of the inventory wouldn't make sense anyways, so I can see why they haven't been in any adventure game yet, if they haven't.

I already have mentioned the Swedish flag and I think someone have mentioned a jar of earwax.

Afflict

Mats Berglinn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk