Things that haven't been inventory items... yet

Started by Mats Berglinn, Mon 07/07/2003 19:07:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddysseus

A device that can give someone youth or eternal life, but can also immediately age people or things if used incorrectly.
A treasure map that leads the map reader in a circle before ending up back in the place where they found the map.
A mask that looks exactly like the main character's face.  Put it on captured enemies so they'll be attacked instead of you.

Radiant

Quote from: Oddysseus on Thu 27/09/2007 06:39:55
A device that can give someone youth or eternal life, but can also immediately age people or things if used incorrectly.
Also known as the Holy Grail. Which is an inventory item in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".

Oddysseus

Your own corpse... from the future!

Da da daaaahhh!

Cluey

Aramore
My webcomic.

radiowaves

I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Bluesman

1. A unicycle.
2. A ukulele.
3. An AGS manual.
4. George W. Bush.

Bluesman

Mats Berglinn

I think someone already have mentioned an AGS manual but I don't remember who or when.

Akatosh

Quote from: Oddysseus on Thu 11/10/2007 06:55:32
Your own corpse... from the future!

Da da daaaahhh!

That's actually a pretty nice idea... even though it's rather creepy.

Lionmonkey

Quote from: radiowaves on Thu 11/10/2007 19:16:25
womens underwear

There was women underwear item in Broken Sword 2. You could try to bribe everyone with it!

lo_res_man

fart based perfume
Fried monkey on a stick
The  front wheel off a tricycle
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Bluesman

Has Chris Jones been an inventory item yet? Someone needs to pay him homage...

theatrx

I have an autographed picture of Chris Jones as an inventory item.  He didn't sign it though.  I did.  I don't think anyone will care since it's really hard to sign anything with a mouse on a really little picture.
Life is a banquet and most poor sonsofbitches are starving to death

Oddysseus

A record that has a musician's soul trapped in it- his ghost is released when the song is played, and gets sucked back when the song ends or is interrupted.
An "Out of Order" or "Do Not Enter" sign (seems like this could've been used before- anyone know?)
The player's soul- can be sold for rare items.
The heel off of a stilletto shoe.
A muse (Greek spirit of inspiration)

Klaz

QuoteFinland, Indian and Poland currencies.

The currency in the Zelda games are rupees.

Tuomas

Not sure, but I'm pretty certain euros have been mentioned in at least one game. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oddysseus

A videocasette of a MacGuyver episode that explains how to use the tape from a videocasette as a rope (or as part of a complicated device the player would never think of without watching the tape first).

ManicMatt

A walkthrough book for the game itself! The most useful inventory item ever!

Hmm, after doing a search, it seems that someone else sort of mentioned that idea before, although it didn't specify for which game and was so long ago I doubt anyone would remember..

"Has there ever been an adventure game walkthru as an inventory item?" - 2003

Oddysseus

Well, considering that that post is on the first page of this very thread, I'm sure a lot of people could stumble upon it.

A twist on the idea would be to have the walkthru only tell you how to solve puzzles you've already completed (the rest of the pages are torn out or something).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk