Things that haven't been inventory items... yet

Started by Mats Berglinn, Mon 07/07/2003 19:07:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Quote from: Trihan on Sun 19/07/2009 17:55:30
A midget called Jorgen with one eye who hangs around in the alleyways behind hotels whose names begin with U on Tuesdays when Venus is in the twelfth house at midnight with a crew cut holding a hand grenade between his teeth while whistling Never Gonna Give You Up slightly off-key.
Actually, this is an inventory item in a game I played a while ago. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called though.

My contribution: A pair of silk jodphurs.

arj0n

I've never seen myself, as game player, in an inventory. ???

arj0n

And one or more portable holes would also be nifty when stuck in certain rooms, always an exit...

NsMn

There's an idea I have... maybe a box that, if you're stuck because of a dead-end, gives you the needed item?

Stupot

A copy of 'Rosetta Stone Klingon Edition'.

perfectpixel

Inventory items NEVER USED(I think)

-Microsoft
-a diseased lung
-a rubix cube
-a marijuana lollipop
-the Energizer Bunny
-a monkey
-a turd suit
-pi (3.14159265358979323846 etc., etc.)
-a pixel
-a broken sword
-a black mirror
-Lara Croft (thank god)
-a cursor
-a lame joke
-lack of money (similar in concept to "no tea")
-a bitmap
-an iPhone
-a beggar's bathroom (aka a coke bottle)
-LIQUID FIRE!!!!!!!
-an internet connection
-and a portable door
EXPLAINING ADVENTURE GAMES TO SO-CALLED "HARDCORE GAMERS":   Me: So, basically, you play the role of a character and progress through an interactive story with puzzles to solve. Gamer: Oh, kinda like Halo with jigsaw puzzles? Me: Um... No, there's no action. Gamer: What!? Oh, like Runescape! Me: *sigh* I give up...

Stee

Russell Brand's disease ridden penis
Lara Croft's bra strap
A spaceship (at least I don't think so)
Leisure Suit  Larry's gimp costume (unless it's been worked into one of those crap new ones)
A steel sky
A meerkat
CJ

Quote from: perfectpixel on Sat 22/08/2009 22:03:43
Inventory items NEVER USED(I think)

-the Energizer Bunny
-a monkey
-an iPhone
-and a portable door

The energizer bunny was used in Full Throttle to get over the mines.
A monkey was used as a lever for a pump (if I recall) in monkey island
An iphone was used in the iphone adventure game 1112 to take an upskirt photo of some rough looking woman
Technically a portable door hasn't been used, but the concept has, as an inventory item.
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

NsMn

Not to forget the energizer bunny from SQ4.

Ryan Timothy B

Didn't you also have to pick up the energizer bunny in Charlie Foxtrot? Or am I remembering wrong?

Calin Leafshade

how about:

A painful sense of self-loathing

people should get all conceptual with their inventory items.

I'd like to see a game with NO physical objects as inventory items but ideas and 'feelings'

Artilleryman37

2 bums and a 1 legged hooker with 14 nipples and a facial heameroid fighting over a wedge of cheese

Oddysseus

-The beating heart of a chupacabra (it beats faster when in the proximity of a black-magic user)
-A Concentrated Time Pulse Cannon (when in reverse setting, it can turn enemies into babies; when in standard setting, it can turn thick steel into rust instantly)
-something else

MrCheminee

Quote from: [ Arj0n ] on Sun 26/07/2009 21:20:24
And one or more portable holes would also be nifty when stuck in certain rooms, always an exit...
King's Quest V or VI had a portable hole in it, though it was for looking through instead of being an exit.

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 28/08/2009 08:12:39
I'd like to see a game with NO physical objects as inventory items but ideas and 'feelings'

Like Loom?

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 28/08/2009 08:12:39

Discworld Noir was a lot like that.

Quote from: [ Arj0n ] on Sun 26/07/2009 21:20:24

Toonstruck had a portable hole as an inventory item.

Wesray

Lets see...

- an ingrown toe nail
- balm of Gilead
- inner stock rail fastening
- the screenplay of Zyzzyx Road
- an apple pollination table
- the inner swine
- the BFG9000
- a bowl of viscera
- the world's smallest snowman
- your former wives' heads
- a cock-of-the-rock
- an AGS tutorial

Now make a game with all those items ;)
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

SinSin

Currently working on a project!

ESGmaster

Katana, bo, hanbo, chain with dagger at the end.

Something13

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Guybrush Nosehair

I believe that a comic book was used in Willy Beamish. Also, DVD's probably haven't appeared as items because adventure games started to lose popularity around the time that DVD's came on the market (for average consumers).

Knox

Ive never seen David Hasselhoff as an inventory item yet (but correct me if Im wrong).

--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk