READ FIRST BEFORE ALL ELSE: What Belongs In This Forum?

Started by TerranRich, Thu 10/07/2003 03:37:31

Previous topic - Next topic

TerranRich

Okay, beginners lately have been starting topics regarding paint programs. I will remind everybody now that this is not a subject that belongs in the Beginners' TECHNICAL Questions forum. Only the following topics belong here...

<> Questions regarding simple scripting (like basic stuff).
<> Questions regarding non-scripting basics, like GUIs, set-up, music, and icons, etc.
<> Short, small introductions to oneself ONLY if the post includes a question regarding AGS.

And please, always remember to RTFM...READ THE F***ING MANUAL!!! Failure to do so will result in us telling you this...

:P Heh, maybe not really, but seriously, check all avenues before resorting to asking us here. Also...

THE OFFICIAL AGS BEGINNERS' FAQ, hosted by ME!

Many questions asked lately can be answered here. So check it! Yeauh!

Keep in mind that topics should go to their appropriate forums... (what follows is only my understanding of the format here)

Tech Forum: Advanced scripting questions, bug & error reports, anything considered advanced.
AGS Chit-Chat: Anything regarding AGS, adventure games in general, and the AGS community itself.
Games in Production: A game you are working on currently and have several rooms done and work to show for it (screenshots, demos, etc.)
Released Games: Fully finished games you want to announce (not demos)
Critics' Lounge: Post your artwork and other stuff to have it criticized and commented upon ("C&C").
Competitions: Just what it says. BG Blitzes, sprite jams, et al go here.
General Forum: All other miscellany.

From now on, any threads started that don't belong here will simply get deleted. I won't clean up after you guys if you know very well where your topic should go.

By the way, there is already a stickie thread for paint programs in the Critics' Lounge forum, which can be found here:

BIG List of Paint Programs!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk