Sprite Jam 10th July -- 17th July

Started by Gilbert, Thu 10/07/2003 08:49:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Rincewind

Well, here's my little contribution... No too good, but it seemed quite funny when I did it. Heh.

Minimi

this one above is nice... green! ;) Is it allowed to post 2 entrys?

Rincewind

Very nice and very green, yes. ;D Hehe, thanks.

Minimi

but this is my first time doing any competition here, where is the voting system??

SLaMgRInDeR

what do you mean where is the voting system? when the jam finnishes (in this case the 17th July) evryone posts wich one they think is the best. Btw yours was great, exept it was the same monster as somone else.
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Flippy_D

Wrong. The person who hosts the sprite jam picks the winner.

veryweirdguy

It just so happens that the last two jams were decided by vote, but traditionally the host picks the winner. ;D

Minimi

Minimi

I already posted the 3D rendered sprite, but I don't think that's fair so im posting another one... I drawed this one with my new drawing tablet... and I suck at drawing tablet... but OK

see this monster got tatoo of AGS! and if you look real good, you can notice that it's a male ;)

Mikko

Here's my entry. I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

AGS-relation should be pretty obvious.

And here's how I did it step-by-step, in case anyone is interested:

1. Sketch on 300x300. I think it's useful to start with big and then reduce.
2. Resizing it to 100x100. Then basic outlining&coloring.
3. Adding details and shadowing.
4. Changed the head, because it looked awful.
5. Made it darker, some detail work too.
Final: "Rodifying" it with wig. Added noise, so it would look like scaly (this was quick way to do it, more working pixel-by-pixel would grant a much better result).

Hope you like it.

Edit: Damn! Just noticed that Rode had been used once before already. Sorry, Sylpher.

Well, It's Rode's fault, he's too cool.

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Minimi

Flippy_D

Gilbert

Thanx to all who participated, I like all the entries, it's fun to see that roger monster and crab monster are having the same pose ;) . But there must be a winner...

I personally (yes, personally, that doesn't mean the other sprites are not good in comparison) like it's clean style ;D .

I'm looking forward to the next competition.

Scummbuddy

I really like Rincewind's.  Made me laugh more than any other one.  And I like that it's been the first post of this second page, so I always see it.  I like the originality of it. *like, the different perspective on the subject.

But, yes, Congrats to Pest!  Good job.  Its very scary  ;)
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Pesty

Yay! I am such the winner!

Which means I have to think of a topic for the next one...

Arrr...
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Mikko

Thank you, N3TGraph.

Congratulations, Pestilence!

Gilbert

Hehe okay, new one's up, this one's cut!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk