Yufster HATE Thread.

Started by Helm, Tue 15/07/2003 12:37:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Helm

"Everybody should be calm, and follow rules. That's what communism is about."

I posted that Yufster thread a week ago and then left for a vacation with family. There was a pool. It was nice. I got sunburnt and bored, but I read 2 and a half books. Then I came back here, and decided to track my old thread, so I at least knew what happened because of me.

And then I read this line. And then I felt compelled to post and let you, Yufster, know that I think simply keeping your comments to a tolerable minimum simply won't do. I think you should altogether stop posting. In fact, if that's not a viable option, I suggest cutting out your eyes with a rusty spoon and then start typing with your nose, for that would produce less nonsense than you currently produce, and ultimately less agrivation for anyone with a brain that happens to frequent this forum.  Words cannot express how absolutely moronic that statement was, and I frequent I-mockery.net, so I've heard my share of completely rediculous political statements there, and this one simply ranks up there along with some of the worst of them. Thing is, I go to I-mockery for different reasons than I bother to come here.

In closing, I fervently wish - besides for the immediate and acutely painful accident that would result in your dismemberment - that since such occurance is highly improbable, you in the future take the time to think things over before you in such a blatantly biased way critisize a political system you're obviously completely unfamiliar with. It would also pay if you did that in a thread that had at least something to do with politics. To state that x is bad because it's like communism, so communism is bad simply makes me want to burst out into bitter laughter, and - as an afterthought - just shake my head and want to leave here.

Understand that this is not so much about the validity of your statement (which I would challenge fully if this was the first time I felt the urge to do so) but rather the voicing of a painful understanding of a fact I've for a long time suspected was true: this is not the company I wish for myself. To communicate with this class of person is not what I chose when I first came on to the boards. And thusly I dully leave from the general general and AGS chitchat boards indefinately. My HATE towards you and your extravagant ignorance being the last thing I wish to underline before I go.

WINTERKILL

Las Naranjas

I never get to reply to threads before they are locked.
So "Hey mum, hey dad! and bill and geoff and..."
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Miez

Bloody hell, Helm - I can understand you being annoyed with Yufster (many people were), but starting a thread with "*** HATE thread" just goes too far. Have a little decency.

SSH

I do hope that this is highly ironic and that I've missed it. I contributed to the other thread of "calm down a bit Yufster" comments and I think it went too far in itself. Let's see the damage in this battle so far:

Yufster: comes onlione and finds a bunch of people moaning about hewr and feels a bit hurt but handles it with ironic humour. Now will soon find someone expressing hate about her and violent thoughts!

Helm: Has maybe missed some nuggets of wisdom because Yufster posted a lot and now has been accused (along with others and quite possibly ironically) of the terrible crime of being part of a far-left idealistic political party.

Well, I know who I think is the one who has suffered most.

Adamski

Quote...but rather the voicing of a painful understanding of a fact I've for a long time suspected was true: this is not the company I wish for myself.

Unfortuantly, I believe this is the case for a few others around here. And I think we've reached a point where enough is enough for some people.

CJ, you may relieve my post of moderator and hand it to someone else.

Vel

*Vel watches the epic battle

n3tgraph

hmmm

things aren't going in the right direction this way......
* N3TGraph sings a john lennon song
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Flippy_D

Enough is enough?

Hmm. Interesting.

Now I know that being a moderator is stressful. Hell, I should know, I am one elsewhere. I know that putting up with someone you don't particuarly like can be annoying. I know when you have to bear with someone who doesn't quite follow the example, it can grate on the nerves.

I also know that as a community this is one of the best and strongest on the internet.

AGS, from my own knowledge, has seen it's fair share of calamaties and strife, but what community doesn't? The thing that makes us different is that we bear through it. In fact, this post is hypocritical because my point is we should not take these events so seriously.
How long has AGS been in existence? 5 years or so? In that time the community has continually outdone itself. It has grown, spawned hundreds of games dozens of which are of exceptional quality, and most of all kept a strong fanbase of committed members.

The thing is, we are so used to the usually idyllic settings here, that when a crisis happens or someone disrupts the usual friendly atmosphere, we take it too hard.

If Helm wants to take some leave from two of the boards, he's within his right to do so. If DS feels it's time to step down, so be it. What we don't need is to blow the whole thing out of proportion and get everyone generally depressed.

This is not the end of the world, just like it wasn't the last 10 times something of this magnitude happened.

Peace out has a whole new meaning.

PeaceMan

Come on here people. I came here to get away from these types of arguments and annoyances. Let me get this straight. I don't like the average person in the street because they act like complete dicks. They think it's funny to piss people off and annoy them for no reason but they don't want to do what they do or like the things that they do. I have been on the reciving end of a few of these. But here I've found that there are people who aren't complete assholes and you can get on with them. If you dislike someone isn't it best to show your anger with something a little more refined than "I want you to be dismembered"?

I don't hate anyone here because I've found them to be people who get on with others and don't take the piss because they find it amusing.

Yufster may get a bit OTT at points but thats no reason to wish harm upon her. She's a person like all of us here and hasen't directly tried to put anyone down so can you ease off her a bit.

Nellie

Yufster started a lot of intelligent, enthusiastic and within-the-rules threads, that received a lot of similarly intelligent replies.  Despite this, her frequent posting led you to publicly (though politely) ask her to calm down.  Some forum members agreed with this, though others (including me, though I didn't post in that thread), thought it was unecessary.  On hearing that on top of this slight public censure, she'd also been banned from IRC (for what I don't know) she presumably felt a bit hard done by, and so gave a parting shot about the oppresiveness of communism.

But - whoops! - real communism isn't like that.  So her comment is clearly a justification for you to call her moronic, wish for her dismemberment (clearly not seriously, but unpleasantly enough anyway), and say she's not of the 'class' of person you want to communicate with.

I didn't find Yufsters comment moronic.  Heck, I've made jokes about the oppression of communist regimes myself, while knowing full well that this isn't the intention of genuine communism.  To be outraged by her comment rather than brush it off seems a huge over-reaction to me.  Even if it's not, the rudeness you show to another forum member in the message of your post, no matter how angry you are, is clearly out of line.

Helm, I respect you, I find your talent massively impressive and I would be gutted if you left the community over something like this.  Seriously, try to put it in a little perspective and think again.

|Alky|

Quote from: Helm on Tue 15/07/2003 12:37:30
"Everybody should be calm, and follow rules. That's what communism is about."

As everybody with any sorta education knows, that's not true, but, I have to admit, I found it funny...

People have different senses of humour, and while you may have not been impressed with the whole 'avatar in a straightjacket joke', partially since it was directed against the thread telling Yufster that it would be good if she (to use the internet terminology) were to 'STFU!'.

Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

Hobbes

A HATE thread?  :o Come on, that's excessive. If you really feel this strongly about someone, sort it out personally. If that fails, contact your fellow moderators.

Tact is a delicate thing, and I fear it has been lost here. Helm, I love your artwork, but your personal aspect has just plummeted. Calm down, please.

Raggit

Helm, this is pratically a threat letter.  Wich, by the way, is illeagle.

While I can't understand what Yufster has done, you should talk to CJ or to Yufster directly and quit trying to build up a 'torch and pitchfork' mob to run Yufster away.

But maybe you hadn't noticed, Yufster changed her ways ever since that restraining order. Even her profile changed.  Maybe you didn't know becuase you were gone, but try and have a little tolerence.

Hey, suppose I went and started a Helm HATE thread?? Just becuase I don't like the way YOU'RE behaving. It wouldn't be right would it? So as I'm telling you to do, so should I do myself and have tolerence.

Live and let live Helm.
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Paranoia

it amaze how people get so pissed on here, not just this forum but everywhere, FFS it words on a computer screen,  if you don't like it ..just don't read it! i find her quite witty, ok she goes a bit OTT every now and again, but its all in good fun, how can you hate someone you don't even know, ever met, even likely to? ok i don't go in chat so i don't see what goes on there but personally i think helm's cutting his nose off to spite his face,and  been a bit of a drama queen..

Paranoia

undergroundling

Dude...if I was a moderator, I'd so kick your ass right now.

RickJ

It's really interesting how intolerant we can be.  Why do we find it necessary to enage in persopnal attacks on peole who voice opinions different than our own?  

It seems I have missed a lot, but when I have come across Yuster's postings I found them to be unique and intersting.  I hope she stays around and doesn't give up.  

Cheers
Rick

AGA

Although I don't necessarily agree with Helm's opinion of Yufster (I've been on holiday and haven't read any of Yufster's posts), I do admire his honesty.

There are a lot of members on these forums that I personally can't stand. I've never confronted any of them and told them how I feel. It takes a brave person to tell somebody outright that they dislike/hate them. Maybe if we all were as honest, the more 'annoying' forum members would curb their irritating behaviour and everyone would get on much better...

miguel

I agree with RickJ, worse then telling people what we think without thinking first,  is having somebody wanting to desmember you if he doesnt like what he hears. By the way, that's what Staline did.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Miez

There is a fine line between telling someone what you think about them (be it positive or negative) and being downright insulting and verbally aggressive. In my opinion Helm crossed that line.

undergroundling

I think Helm should have dealt with this in a more mature fashion and PMed Yufster and explained his issues with her rather than flaming her in public on the boards.  Not only was that rude and immature, but probably a little hurtful as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk