Yufster HATE Thread.

Started by Helm, Tue 15/07/2003 12:37:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

I ususlly ignore the little tantrums people throw here.

And I'll probably wish I hadn't said that.

Trapezoid

Geez Helm... you commie.

MillsJROSS

I think Helm is just exagerating. He doesn't hate Yufster. He doesn't want to dismember her. If anyone honestly thinks that Helm is completly serious in his post, than they need to reread it a couple of times. It's mean...I'll agree. But I won't tell him he's wrong, because his point is valid to everyone. We need to think before we post, even comments that we just throw out there and never consider to be offensive, might rub the person the wrong way.

-MillsJROSS

Trapezoid

So you think Helm is making a long, half-serious rant about a quick joke Yufster made several days ago? I guess that makes sense. But that puts Helm lower than Yufster on the Self-Censorship scale...

Vel

AGA, I have to agree with you. Personally I dont dislike anyone here, but If I did, the way I'd tell him would be exactly the way helm did that. Not a single sweraing word in the whole post! And also a stress on WHY does he hate her. Bravo, Helm, for your valiance and dignity!

Ben

Obviously there's some irony in Helm's post. But that doesn't make it any less insulting or any more rational. The snobbery and disrespect is still real.

Scummbuddy

Dark S, I hope you weren't serious and I hope you are not leaving.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

PeaceMan

Didn't you find that post disturbing enough without swearing? Swearing in a post adds no impact, its the words contained in it.

I don't call wanting to cause harm to someone "getting the point across". It's more likely to drive someone over the edge.

Mills: I doubt that it was a joke. Even though a joke can get intense that was too far.  

Raggit

Yes, if you have an issue with somebody you should confront them (enless it is totally frivolous.)

But this is NOT the way to do it. This will only make the situation worse, and grant temporary satisfaction to the posters hateful side.  Helm, if you hate Yufster so bad, talk it over with her and don't rave on and on publically about her traits that annoy you.

MillsjRoss:  If Helm wanted to make a point about thinking before we post, why doesn't he address all of us insted of singling out Yufster? If he seriously felt that way, why'd he post this stupid thread in the first place? This is more useless than any of Yufster's recent posts.  All this is for is to hurt her.  Yufster isn't trying to hurt Helm.  

I hope she doesn't give in to him and just totally take off. She's a nice person.  It's just when she makes jokes she doesn't use the same approach as we do.

However, I DO believe we need to think before we post. We should also learn to hold our tounges.
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Trapezoid

Regarding Dark Stalkey, If he is really leaving, then I think he is seriously taking the quality of this community for granted.  :-\ If AGSforums isn't good company, I'd like to know what is.

Flippy_D

I don't think DS is leaving, just resigning from his moderator post. But I don't speak for him.

taryuu

are you fucking shitting me??  bravo??  fuck that shit!

let's look at some choice excerpts
. . In fact, if that's not a viable option, I suggest cutting out your eyes with a rusty spoon and then start typing with your nose, for that would produce less nonsense than you currently produce . .  
along with
Quote..Words cannot express how absolutely moronic that statement was...
and to wrap it all up, death wishes
Quote...In closing, I fervently wish - besides for the immediate and acutely painful accident that would result in your dismemberment - ...My HATE towards you and your extravagant ignorance being the last thing I wish to underline before I go.

I'm sorry I don't know what thread everyone's talking about.  but if all it took to have helm wish death threats on him was this
Quote"Everybody should be calm, and follow rules. That's what communism is about."

then to me the whole death wish thing is out of line.

the words that he used were rash, hurtful, and moreover ignorant.  i'm glad to see he won't be back, and i think it ludicrous to commend someone for wishing intense bodily harm on a fellow human being.
I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

Raggit

Naw, Helm isn't going to leave. He'll refrain from posting awhile probably.  At least I THOUGHT he was more mature than to let a petty issue with somebody to drive him away from here.
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

PeaceMan

Quote from: taryuu on Tue 15/07/2003 17:50:47

the words that he used were rash, hurtful, and moreover ignorant.  i'm glad to see he won't be back, and i think it ludicrous to commend someone for wishing intense bodily harm on a fellow human being.

Damn right.

No matter what good someone "has" done does that mean he can get away with this and be reaccepted into the community.

Vel

I think he wanted to say "either me or she".

Flippy_D

Look at what has been said:

He is not coming back to the General discussion or the chit chat board. Indefinately. That means he'll continue to use the other boards as he sees fit, and may return to these two.

Gossip without facts isn't helpful.

DarkStalkey

I'm sorry to say that I do not find the forums or #ags good company anymore. They were good company, most certainly. But now there are far more people who are highly irritating than there are that are worth being around. I do not enjoy the majority of the company that has arrived here, and that's a completely different state of affairs than when I made my first post. The people that are good company are fortunatly the ones that have been to mittens, are going to mittens this year or are planning to be at the USA mittens, or those that I can contact on msn or elsewhere. However, I am stepping down from my post as moderator because I am no longer going to be attending this forum. All I can see is me being a nasty sarcastic cocky up-himself bastard and if that is all that I can currently contribute and have nothing else to gain from posting here then I might as well skidaddle.
But I digress from the topic. Carry on.

Jimi

Sure, a few comments Yufster have made have been stupid, but this is TOO harsh. There is no reason to start a hate thread about someone when they made a small statement, which, for all you know, may have been just left as a joke.

I think you've just exaggerated the fact YOU find her a bit annoying. I am not being biased, because you have a point that  a few of her posts were different to what you normally see, but thats only a few. Most of her topics, and posts have made good ponits about adventure games, or the adventure gamig community. I don't see what compelled you to start this thread.

Raggit

I feel this thread should be locked soon. But before it is locked, it is only fair to give Helm a chance to defend himself, so Helm, wherever you are, if you want to defend yourself I think now is the time.
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Andail

My 2 cents:

1. Helm went too far
2. Anybody who has been attending this forum regularly for several years, all along loving it and caring for it and wanting it to run well, will eventually lose temper
3. I could very well go to far any minute, if I haven't allready

I'm starting to think we were just very lucky to attract such a great bunch of people in the beginning of the AGS-era. For some year now, 90% of the newbies have been annoying children with attitude problem. To be truthful, for too long a period have I been here posting merely to not lose the community completely to the newbies.

During this time, newbies have persistently ignored the Read Before Posting threads or any other rules, as well as constantly breaking them.

I just rambled on a bit because I want to express understanding with any oldie who is prepared to take a really really long break from this forum

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk