Uncertainty machine

Started by Femme Stab Mode >:D, Wed 16/07/2003 10:06:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I'm stuck very early in the game, the lift puzzle. I'm guessing  that I should do something with the gum i the rubbish tin but she won't pick it up.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

GarageGothic

Yes, you will need the gum, but not before Susan says she needs it. Have you checked the vase?

saanb

i'm stuck at the police station. how do you get the photo from the policeman? can anyone give some hints? thanks.

another thing, how do you save, load, or quit?

GarageGothic

Spoiler
Try breaking the window above the policeman
[close]

As for the save and load, I don't recall it as being difficult to find out (but I don't remember HOW you do it). Try F5 or run through all the F keys.

saanb

so what's the wax for? and i have no idea how to find out about the carvings on the statuette. thanks a bunch :)

EDIT: also, how do you get to see the inspector? the police man doesn't know when he'll be available.

Amy

I have done everything to try to get the elevator fixed. I know I need to get the gum out of the ashtray, but she just won't do it. I have checked the vase. Is this item supposed to help me get the gum? I have tried everything and I am at the point of turning it off because everything is useless....please help.....give me a spoiler....

noed

I'm not sure how much of a spoiler it is at this point in the conversation, but
Spoiler
you need to open the panel next to the elevator.  To do that you need to talk to the guy at the desk.
[close]
The rest will become clear after that.  If not just post again and I'll be clearer...or more clear...or maybe I will just clarify. :)
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

noed

Oh, BTW, saanb...have you looked at the other UM question further down in the list?  I think it has the answer you are looking for about the inspector.  As for the statue,
Spoiler
you need to research it by using it on the books in the newsroom.  Don't worry about the wax for a while.
[close]
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

Amy

My question may spoil so I hid it below.....
Spoiler
Thankyou for the advice for opening the box next to the elevator, but this I have already acomplished. What I need to know is how to fix the wire. I have obtained the object from the vase. I have spoken to the guard. I have used the cell phone. I have used just about every object in the purse. Now I am realizing the gum in the ashtray is the object I probably need, but she will not take it. Am I doing something wrong???
[close]

noed

it is very dependant on the order in which you do things here...by chance I didn't notice the gum until I needed it, so I was lucky.
Spoiler
she won't pick up the gum until she realizes (says out loud) she needs it to put the object you found in the vase in place to fix the wire
[close]
-Mariah Carey

saanb

Amy,
Spoiler
the gum isn't for insulating the paper clip, it's for something else you'll need. think of what else could be the insulator.
[close]
Noed,
i think the people in the other TUM forum were ahead of me so that doesn't really help. thanks for the statue thing tho :)

EDIT: i can't find any information on the statuette in the newsroom. every time i click on the books, it says she doesn't feel like reading or doesn't have time. every time i use the photo with the books, it doesn't work except for anthropology and the laptop which say i need more information on the statuette.  ???

noed

saanb-
I'm trying not to give more than you need, so let me know if I am being too vague...I'm happy to help, but I don't want to spoil the fun! :)
Spoiler
Have you talked to anyone about the statue? If not, try that out.   As for the inspector, he will be back in his office when he is ready to talk to you (how bureaucratic!).
[close]
If you're interested I found a walkthrough . . . http://www.gamesover.com/walkthroughs/tum.htm . . . but if you're worried you'll see too much, or you aren't in to walkthroughs I'm always around for a hint. ;)
-Mariah Carey

Amy

Thanx for the advice. I finally figured out the whole gume scenario. Sometimes you feel really stupid once you've accomplished a task and think....why I didn't I do that before? Anyway. I have another spoiler question below. I hope it is not a bug in the game....
Spoiler
I am at the point where I have gone to the docks and cannot get in without the key. My only clue is that I must get into the staff room at the museum. I had been there before with the security walking around all over the place. Now he seems to be stuck in one place next to the big black statue. I can't get into the staff room because he sees me. I talked to him and tried going places and coming back, but he's still standing in one spot just waiting for me to go into the staff room. Is this a bug? I think he's still supposed to be walking around.....
[close]

If anyone can help me with this, it would be appreciated. THANKYOU! ???

ida

Regards the guard in the museum...
Spoiler
Yip, you have to get into the staff room to get a key, for the warehouse at the docks. The ony way into the staff room is waiting for the guard's back to be turned.

BTW, he never walks off screen.
[close]

saanb

ok putting the walkthrough link up there definitely wasn't a good idea. i definitely looked at it more than i needed to. oh well i managed to figure out a lot by myself. help...
Spoiler
how come the warehouse door says there's no actual keyhole? how do i get in?
[close]

noed

Sorry...I was hoping you knew how to restain yourself better than I do. :)

As for the keyhole, it's like we are linked...I was standing outside that door forever!
Spoiler
Look to the right of the door for the keyhole.
[close]
Was that really a spoiler?  Oh, well.  After spilling the beans about the walkthrough I guess I'm feeling over cautious.
-Mariah Carey

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk