Sprite Jam July 18th - July 25th

Started by Pesty, Fri 18/07/2003 08:00:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Pesty

Avast! I hear tales that I won the last sprite jam. If this be true, it's up to me to start the next!

So, the topic. Well, the obvious choice would be something piratey, but I don't like being that obvious. The next obvious choice is, of course, everyone's favorite baby eater, Gilbot. Sure, we know he's a robot, but what sort? Well, my friends, that's what I'm asking of you.

This week, you will be required to draw Gilbot, how you picture His Royal Robot Badness.

The size will be 150 x 150 pixels. As many colors as you want. And animated. Because how can you have a non-animated sprite jam about Gilbot?

Arrrr, have fun, mateys!
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Gilbert

No, this is not an entry, I'm not participating this time for obvious reasons (and it doesn't even match the size restriction). I just found a place to post my avatar. ;D

Flippy_D

Gilbert

Quote from: Flippy_D on Fri 18/07/2003 11:00:16
Which you still don't use :P

Actually I used it for one day (I used the unanimated version for a while back in ezboard era), and because I am just using some free image hosting service my bandwidth was exceeded in one single day (that site only allow <5MB transfer/day), so I took it away the other day.

Now back to topic: enter this jam!

Flippy_D

I will. Honest.

However, why not just use anonymizer for your avatar? or upload it to Neole's thingy?

Gilbert

Because I don't want to sign in a geocities or whatever site, I have my page hosted in some good server, just that I don't feel like uploading something to it at the moment (it's other's web space offered to me, I just want to update them only when there're enough stuffs). For Noele's thingy, I'll leave the bandwidth for others' better stuffs, as I know avatar is just some bandwidth eating hog (loaded once whenever someone read a thread with your thread in it), I'd rather have no avatar (not a big deal) than to waste other people's kind offer.

Flippy_D

Fair enough.

Well, I better get animating.

Trapezoid

Got any pictures of Gil for reference?

Trapezoid

Evil

* Evil gets the dancing robot pun

BOYD1981

aaah! i can't look at that, it should come with an epilepsy warning! :) (no, really it should)
i noticed a flaw in the rules, it says as many colours as you want and animated, but if it's a GIF we're limited to 256 colours...
can we (meaning i) enter non-animated sprites? i'm having problems animating mine and don't really want to just add flashing lights or something...

okay, here's my entry...

i also made this but it isn't animated and it's not an entry, just felt like showing it to you all...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Synthetique

Bruised

I thought I'd enter. I miss teh gilbot.

magintz

... What?
........... ??

I made it quickly in mspaint and it fills all the requirements ._.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Dunezone

ALL HAIL GILBOT IN ALL ITS GLORY!!!!

Ben

Dalek body based on this picture:
www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~mimrie/dalek/c4ddalek.htm

Face based on Gilbert  :P

Dunezone

taryuu

Gilbert you're the bomb diggety,

i don't think this needs any explanation.

I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

MrColossal

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Trapezoid

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk