Tune Contest, July 19 - 26

Started by Trapezoid, Sat 19/07/2003 07:28:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezoid

Although EldKatt won the last Tune Contest, he hasn't been around, and forgot to start the next one. So Sluggo asked me to host this one. Ok? Ok.

This week's rules:
Movie theme. Cover your favorite movie theme song in any style you want. Be creative about it. Do a mariachi version of the James Bond theme, or a heartfelt ballad based on the PumaMan theme.

May the best tune win.

Ready set go!!!

Minimi

Trapezoid

Yes, yes, any format's ok. MP3, MIDI, OGG, WAV, whatever.

Synthetique

i'm totally in to this one!!! ;D

Gregjazz

Sounds fun, Trapezoid. You can count me in.

Maybe I'll do a cover of the CJ song. :) Or maybe not.

My entry will most likely be in midi format.

Trapezoid

Don't forgot about this, dudesies! We don't want a repeat of the last tune contest.

Evil

Remember that The CJ Song to Lose Yourself will fit. Lose yourself is the theme to 8 Mile :P

Trapezoid

Yeah, although I was hoping for more score themes, like the Star Wars theme, etc, but other types of themes will do.

Minimi

I was actually started on some remake of a theme made by hans zimmer... is that ok?

Trapezoid

Sure. If it's obscure, be sure to tell me the original song when you're all done, so I can listen to it and compare with yours.

Hobbes

Ok... I've decided to enter a Tune Contest for the first time...

File url: http://www.unosar.com/T2.mp3

It's an MP3 file covering our beloved Arnold-Themesong from T2. On piano. Hope it's ok. :)

Evil

Hobbes: Wow, the first 10 seconds sound great. After that I think it is to roller coastery. Loud and soft, fast and slow...

Hobbes

The problem is that the first 10 seconds is just the usual improv I usually play... after that I try to cover a soundtrack.

*grins* But, thank you anyway.

Trapezoid

Hobbes

Thanks. :)

Now, if ever you need a piano player for your wedding... you know where to find me. ;)

Flippy_D

May as well have some competiton, otherwise it's just no fun, is it?

I present Titanic as it was always meant to be: Bad techno!

[edit]Updated the link to the proper tempo'd version

Hobbes

LOL!!!

You should try and get Celine to sing along to this. ;)

Fun!

SSH

Have you ever noticed that in the original version, Celine actually sings

"I believe that the hotdogs go on"

not "the heart does go on". Go on, listen!

Sluggo

http://cygnes.homestead.com/files/indianajazz.mid

It's Indiana Jazz! Raiders of the lost groove!

I was gonna do an mp3 thing but I couldn't figure out how to record with my crappy soundcard and screwed up computer, so hope the instruments sound good on your computer!

Flippy_D

I can't download it.... it times out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk