Peedy Wants Some Weedy - (in dutch, screens and demo available)

Started by Leisuresuitpim, Sun 27/07/2003 12:12:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Leisuresuitpim

Hey there people,

I am working on a game, about a friend of mine. He is called peedy and is always thinkin'about weed (marihuana). The game is about him, who is sitting in detention class, because he was been a pain in the ass for our french teacher. So you need to help him get out of school, so he can smoke some grass with his friends. It is my first game and in the demo you can only play one puzzle and are in one room. But I am quite proud on my graphs and humor.(especially since its my first game) Most of the jokes can only be understood by me and friends, because there are jokes wich refer to existing people and happened events. But I just wanted to share this game and I would like som C&C about my graphs, humour, animations etc. I also needed to tell, that this game is in dutch but the puzzle isn't so hard. The point in the puzzle is to make a sicknote,so it wouldnt be too hard, even if you dont speak dutch. If the response is good, I will translate the game.

Hope you like it.

The main Character

The classroom.

Download demo here (zip)
http://members.home.nl/pimschipper/pd.zip

LL Notorious B.I.G. Will C-H

Looks good, the main character in my game is called Peed, what are the chances of that happening?
Punk Quest 0.5 is now available for your perusal if you so wish http://punkquest.to-j.com

Czar

Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

danny*

ME TOO! :'(
(The screenshots and character look great!!!!) :D

Minimi

would you like me to translate it? Im dutch, and i really like the game! I love weed... not that i smoke, but those movies like half blaked and such keep me laughing :p

Leisuresuitpim

Quote from: Minimi on Sun 27/07/2003 18:14:38
would you like me to translate it? Im dutch, and i really like the game! I love weed... not that i smoke, but those movies like half blaked and such keep me laughing :p

Thanks guys, Minimi, I would really appreciate if you translated it. Just PM me on it. So soon there will be an english demo version(thnx to minime). This is the only room I have so I'll be going back to work as there is much more to do. I hope you still liked the jokes a bit,since they are more for my friends to understand. Thanx for the comments, and be not afraid to tell me if you dislike something, its my first game so I want to improve.

It also isnt really a game about weed, it is more a game about my friends in school and teachers and stuff, to make fun of them in a 'righteous' way :P. So it isnt quite going to be like half baked. I am just the type of guy that uses really 'platte vunzige' humour (sorry dont know what its in english)

Tnx PPL I'm going to work on the game for now.

Cheers

Snake

Yes, somebody translate this thing, I'd rather play the English version so I'd be able to understand what the hell was going on.

Your graphics are great, I love the characters. The weed part I can do without, but that's just me. There just seems to be an aweful lot of weed-related games around lately, and that ruins it for me. Heh, it seems people would be able to think of something better than having the whole point of the game to smoke weed.

Anyway, I hope your next project looks just as artistic as this one.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Leisuresuitpim

Sorry for bouncing, but I just wanted to tell that there is a translation coming up, thanx to minime. So stay tuned.

Erwin_Br

Looking very good, especially since it's your first game and all.

Makes me glad to be Dutch ;)

--Erwin

Leisuresuitpim

Quote from: Erwin_Br on Thu 31/07/2003 10:43:03
Looking very good, especially since it's your first game and all.

Makes me glad to be Dutch ;)

--Erwin
What did you think about the jokes? I am really wondering why so few dutch people have posted in this thread.  Didn't they like it?
SO if ur dutch and want to give some feedback, please give it(english too)

I am still working on the game so the translation will be in delay.

D · Y · D · O

Gave sprieten! ;)

But seriously cool sprites. They actually look pretty professional. I could also help out with the translation, but I'm sure the two of you can handle it.
I've been pretty anxious to play a few more games in Dutch, the one I'm working on won't be finished for years and years.

Edit:
Ok ik heb net de demo bekeken. Ik ben nog steeds onder de indruk van de graphics, erg goed! Maarruh, je 'platte vunzige' humor blijkt inderdaad. Soms vond ik het grappig, soms niet. Vijf jaar geleden had ik misschien stukken meer gelachen, waarschijnlijk zeker als ik de leraar in kwestie ook had gehad.

Toch petje af, want zelf ben ik lang niet zo productief. Ik ben zeer benieuwd naar de rest van het spel.

Basically I said I liked it...
We are number one! All others are number two, or lower. - The Sphinx
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever. - Shane Falco
Instagame (FREE resources for your games!)

Erwin_Br

Yeah, the sprites do rock. They remind me of LucasArts.

The humor is indeed a bit tacky at times, but I enjoyed most of it.

--Erwin

Leisuresuitpim

Quote from: D · Y · D · O on Fri 01/08/2003 13:29:06
Gave sprieten! ;)

But seriously cool sprites. They actually look pretty professional. I could also help out with the translation, but I'm sure the two of you can handle it.
I've been pretty anxious to play a few more games in Dutch, the one I'm working on won't be finished for years and years.

Edit:
Ok ik heb net de demo bekeken. Ik ben nog steeds onder de indruk van de graphics, erg goed! Maarruh, je 'platte vunzige' humor blijkt inderdaad. Soms vond ik het grappig, soms niet. Vijf jaar geleden had ik misschien stukken meer gelachen, waarschijnlijk zeker als ik de leraar in kwestie ook had gehad.

Toch petje af, want zelf ben ik lang niet zo productief. Ik ben zeer benieuwd naar de rest van het spel.

Basically I said I liked it...
Thanx for the compliments and comments. I know the humour in this game is pretty 'plat' as they say it in dutch, but that was the whole purpose of the game. My friends in school (not outside) have this kind of humour.

Ja als je de leraar in kwestie had had je zeker weten meer gelachen  :P ;D En al die 'grappen' over gonoroe etc zijn ook echt gebeurd, vandaar dat ik het waarschijnlijk grappiger vind, omdat ik dan die daadwerkelijke persoon weer voor me zie. Het is dus eigenlijk een nogal grove diss naar die leraar toe, daarom is het soms wat grof en banaal. Ik denk trouwes niet dat ik hem in het engels vertaal, ik vind achteraf gezien de humor toch meer voor mijn kennisen en ik wil niet mijn tijd hier op t forum zo gezien worden. Als dit projectje af is ga ik pas een echt lang spel maken.

Erwin_Br

Well, in that case you have a great game to start with, which will prove very useful when starting a bigger project. People tend to start too big.

--Erwin

Minimi

ik ben alleen benieuwd of de leraar waar het over gaat, het spel ook echt te zien krijgt! :P Dat lijkt me strak!

Translation : I'm only curious if the teacher in person where the story is about, is going to see it! :P I think that would be fun!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk