Necro's Game In Progress. *13-8-03

Started by Necro, Fri 01/08/2003 18:28:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Necro

Hey all!

Many of you will know I have a game in progress yet have not posted here yet, I probably wont be online much over the next week or so, but the game development won't stop.

Remember to keep a watchfull eye on the game progress as it will be updated with many a screenshot. You can see the demo interface I am working with here although it has been greatly improved since that upload.

C&C posted here on anything would be cool, aswell as praise ^_^ and questions.

You can also leave messages on my guestbook on my site (index page).

At the end of the month a demo will hopefully be released to get your anticipation levels higher and to get an idea of what you can expect.

[update]

New forums and screenies

http://www.amazing-ebooks.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=6

Apparently VeryWeirdGuy has told me I spelt Weird wrong, so no comments on that :(
Maybe I should have him beta test for me

Ginny

Nice! I love your backgrounds!
The only thing odd about the characters is the hands, but I've seen them 9the characters that is) in the critic's lounge before and it fits in despite that imo.
Great art!
Can you tell us a rough story? what type of game is it?
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Necro

Well I dont want to give the story away at the moment, but its going to be a Sci-fi / Comedy / Love Story / Adventure / Comedy / Action Game.

I'm doing nearly all the work (coding/gfx/direction), I have a person doing the Sfx & In-game music, and another person helping out with witty dialogs so we can cramp as much comedy in it as possible, from what we have down on paper it will please you all.

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Well the interface is looking awesome, really well polished. If the whole game is like that then it'll definitely be one to watch.

Ginny

Ah, I see, the good old fashined Sci-fi / Comedy / Love Story / Adventure / Comedy / Action Game :P

El Interfaco Rockso!!! Only thing, when in the inventory, right-click is look and left click select, whereas in the game itself it's the other way around, right click use/take/talk and left click look. I think it's better the way it is in the inventory, but either way it should be the same in both :).

Of course, when I give the bird the leaf the dialog doesn't change, but this is just an interface test so I'm sure you were planning on doing the other scripting later :P.
Another note on the interface, the options button doesn't work, is it supposed to?

Anyway, I'm all in anticipation now! The graphics look great and the music is a lot of fun! :)

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Necro

Hey thanks,

I think I may have improved that interface thing already, and yeah that was just a test room so I had stuff to click on with my GUI :) That room doesnt appear in game as the graphics for that room were not good enough for me :)

Sci-fi / Comedy / Love Story / Adventure / Comedy / Action Game are the best i think.

Ginny

:o Not good enough? Apart from a little lack of shading on some parts of the grass, it looks great!
But if you insist on better, nobody's stopping you ;).

auhsor

Looking good. The only thing that i can say, looking at your progress BG's, the main characters legs/feet look twisted. I don't know if that is supposed be like that, but it looks a bit weird. I'm still downloading the demo...

edit:
Heh, love the interface.

Leisuresuitpim

I like the backrgrounds and characters. I really like your style. So keep up the good work and keep showing it to us  :P

Necro

[update]

New forums and screenies

http://www.amazing-ebooks.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=6

Apparently VeryWeirdGuy has told me I spelt Weird wrong, so no comments on that :(
Maybe I should have him beta test for me

veryweirdguy

I COULD beta test, but my problem is that 'weird' is teh olny wodr i no who too speel.

I'd be happy to beta test. Good looking game so far! ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk