Previous topic - Next topic

Czar

Isnt the sorcerors apprentice a movie??
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Ginny

The Magician's Nephew to be more precise hehe, is the first book in a series called Narnia.
The sorcerers apprentice could be a movie for all I know, but I don't think I've heard of it.

Yes, Slamgrinder, I'm on The horse and his boy, pretty much not very far, it is a little boring for me too but I don't want to skip a thing, besides I think it'll improve, and it's not that boring really.
Anyway the first one I read was The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, which was the first to come out even though second in the series hehe, and probably the most well known. If I ask a friend from my school for example (one that at least reads sometimes lol) if he or she have heard of "The Lion..." then they'll probably say yes, but if I ask about one of the other books no will likely be the answer for most. I dunno if many will even know it's part of a series called Narnia heh. :P

As I said however, The Magician's Nephew is my favorite. :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

noed

Quote from: Czar on Wed 30/07/2003 21:12:41
Isnt the sorcerors apprentice a movie??
It's part of Fantasia (Micky Mouse warring with possesed mops)
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

evilspacefart

could be anything you say?

what about a train ride to the other side.

noed

Creepy...ever read The Great Divorce, also by Lewis?  It is about a train ride to the other side, so to speak.

*Noed looks around wondering if anyone notices her Lewis obsession.  Looks like she's safe to once more quote him in her signature.*
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

Ginny

OMG evilspacefart that looks awesome, I love the coloring!

As for the theme, you made me think of Grim Fandango (of course, everything makes me think of Grim Fandango ;D) when you said 'train ride to the other side'. That passanger guy (a ghost I see) is great! Great image! This's is gonna be really hard to vote about. :)

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Nice, evilspacefart! I dig the colour scheme.  And those clouds of smoke. 8)

evilspacefart

thanks!  ;D

onethinkinggal:

the scene was inspired by some cartoon i saw called spirited away. i was trying for anime style with those clouds of smoke.

noed and ginny:
a little bit of grim fandango, but not really big on cs lewis(i didn't read it)

noed

Okay, I've contributed enough dialog...how about a pretty picture?

(Please note: the phrase pretty picture should in no way be considered a guarantee) :)
-Mariah Carey

Ginny

Loks cool, the portal itself if great! The mountains are a bit blurry compared to the sharpness of the door. Lovely sky. :)

noed

Yeah, they are blurry...it looked so darned funny with them as focused as they were originally, but I couldn't find a happy medium.
-Mariah Carey

Dunezone

This isn't really a background a character would walk around in but its a background like if you zoomed in on an object seperatly (like self-portraits of talking characters). It was orginally made somewhere in the 400x300 and then I decreased the size.

Ginny

Wow, Dunezone that is stunning! Cool idea and great drawing,the shading especcially. How do you do it???

Dunezone

Color Burn and Color Dodge is what I use to shade the image in. But before that I make a B&W drawing in outlines, fill in with basic colors, and shade in. Dodge tool can be used to add scratchs and dents in. Alot of these techniques are used in skinning guns like in Counter-strike. But since I dont have a tablet i cant get the best results yet.

SLaMgRInDeR

Quote from: evilspacefart on Thu 31/07/2003 05:01:36
thanks!  ;D

onethinkinggal:

the scene was inspired by some cartoon i saw called spirited away. i was trying for anime style with those clouds of smoke.

i have been trying to watch spirited away for ages! i love anime! ever seen The Princess Mononoke or anything else from studio Gibly? if not u realy have to see it!

Quote from: GinnyW on Wed 30/07/2003 21:27:33

Yes, Slamgrinder, I'm on The horse and his boy, pretty much not very far, it is a little boring for me too but I don't want to skip a thing, besides I think it'll improve,

i was still thinking that when i quited it, about half the way through it!
(   (   <( -_-)> )   )   )

Necro

Actually I can really picture that being a portal if its a hugely oversized microwave, kinda a charchter walks along has to press buttons then heaves door shut, you see a coundown then ZAP!

Rincewind

Plasticman, Evilspacefart, Dunezone:
Great backgrounds! - It's nice to see so many variations on the theme!

And while still on the Narnia topic, I'll just say that my favourite is The Silver Chair... ;D I truly recommend that one!  

SLaMgRInDeR

*SLaMgRInDeR sobs when he realizes rincewind has so far complimented everyone exept him
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Necro

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk