Background Blitz - 27th July to 13th August

Started by Necro, Sun 27/07/2003 22:23:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunezone

Rincewind

Whoops - Sorry, Slamgrinder! Don't cry...  No... Oh, geez... What have I done now?

And Andy - If I didn't know better, I'd say that was a real photo. ;D

Witchsmeller

My first post people!

It's cool that this very first post is applying for contest :)
Anyway, work probably says more than words, so here you are.

btw, the idea I first had is that a bunch of captions pop out, saying "NOT-A-PORTAL" or "portal is the other way" or sth. like that (although its obiviously a portal). But then I realised it would be too difficult to have so many letters at 320x200.

~Darko

Trapezoid

Andy Mouse

Reminds Andy of the stairs to Infinity in the Phantom Tollbooth.

Oh, and thanks for the comments on my picture - I put a lot of working into making it look realistic and original!!!  ;D

SLaMgRInDeR

Quote from: Witchsmeller on Sun 03/08/2003 02:03:40
It's cool that this very first post is applying for contest :)

and methinks your first post maybe winning a contest too! sureley thats a record!
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Stickieee

Portals are funky. I did this pseudo-scifi thing, which does look quite --- interdimensional!

Step into the world of neurokinetics! (or whatever)
EXPLOSION

Ginny

Quote from: Synthetique on Sun 03/08/2003 13:44:31
i cant see it! :(

Me neither...

Even without seeing it though I think it would've been a great and very humourous idea to put signs up ;).
That's one long filename! http://www.maxfurnitures.com/data/edbed471-da32-4f74-b8de-f26df76d9f0f.jpg . I still can't see it though.. :(

Andy: Looks great, I can hardly believe it isn't a photo... ;)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

SLaMgRInDeR

i dont "Ph33r" little red crosses, my computer wont let me see anything on that free anyonimizer thingimabob cos of this stupid filter my parents put on!
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Eggie

Well. Right click, select "properties", Copy the URL and paste it into your address bar, f00'!  :P

Witchsmeller

Quotei cant see it!
Oh crap, I knew that there will be some probs with this free hosting thing. anyway, try this one:

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/Witchsmeller/no-portal.jpg

and thanks for good comments :D

the interdimensional portal looks like brain... and it really "pulls in".
Is that a human shadow? It looks sort of a ghost since its lighter, not darker... anyway cool one :)

Oh and I like the white krock.... I mean dragon? It would be cool if it had yellow lasers striking from his eyes, but would not have *that* much with portal I guess.

~Darko aka Witchsmeller

evilspacefart

witchsmeller, even though you're competing with my entry, i do have to say that your portal is nicely done.  8)

Witchsmeller

Quote from: evilspacefart on Sun 03/08/2003 22:48:22
witchsmeller, even though you're competing with my entry, i do have to say that your portal is nicely done.  8)

thanks man! Train is great also, really! Yellow guy is funny :D Its kind philosophical, right?
Unfortunately, the main idea I had, had to be thrown away (I spent about 1 hour doing all details on A4 paper just to realise (at the end) that most of these won't be seen). This way it is a quality-painted portal in the space, but I'm afraid it has lost it's "main form" as being "NOT-A-PORTAL"  ::)

But I better keep my mouth shut, I could lose precious votes  :-X
anyway, glad you like it.

~Darko

Ginny

:o :o :o :o

That portal looks awesome, Witchsmeller, how did you do that?
How about a tutorial? Oh and welcome to the forums, you talented artist you! ;)

Hmm, is that a Lucas Arts logo guy in the bubble above the door? It looks similar hehe..

Now, how am I ever going to choose one entry to vote for from this great background blitz? This is one of the best ones ever Necro, great theme! :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Witchsmeller

thank you thank you
I'll think about a tutorial, actually I was just "re-making" some MI3 bacgrounds, saving a lot of "progress" files, so someone could see the whole process. It won't be better than Bill's of course ;D but I think it won't be bad at the end.

And, the guy on the top is not the LA guy, he's Leonardo's guy ;)
Perfect proportions and stuff. It should say how that is a place of perfection, in the middle of the universe, portal between worlds, dimensions... that sort of things.

oh and its not a bubble, but it really looks like one :D
~Darko

Dunezone

I love the glow coming off the door. I was going to add that to my microwave but i couldnt figure out how to.

WanderLady

Hope this worked...

Bummer...can someone help me out?

DGMacphee: Yes. :)

noed

WanderLady,
I love it, I can't quit laughing.  Just the thought of someone using it cracks me up. ;D
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk