August MAGS

Started by Vel, Fri 01/08/2003 09:58:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Vel

Okay guys, these are the rules for August:
Since my book idea is not as good as I thought, I quickly made up these rules. The only restriction is that it should be based in the XVI or XVII century and should have its own graphics. No other limitations.

Czar

What do you mean by its own graphics?
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Hobbes

Oooh, might just enter this one... would be my first try at a MAGS game. But then, it would be fun. :)

Vel

I mean, not ripped.

Andy Mouse

Hmm, is that the 16th and 17th centuries or the 1600s and 1700s?

Paranoia

ok i'll have a go, again! Damn 16th century....that means horses n shit dunnit?! as if i'd rip anything (hides pussy hunt), okies i've got a cunning plan/plot so lets see if i can finish this one!

edit second thoughts, i'm dropping out of this one and trying to make some headway with my game

Vel

16th and 17th century means the 1500s and 1600s

Hobbes

Actually, as I always learned, 16th century is 1500-1600... and 17th century is 1700-1800.

That's why we're living in the 21st century and it's only 2003.

Right? :)

(As I've already started work on the game, I do hope something from 1620ish is viable).

Edit: Oi, editing your previous post now makes mine look stupid!  ;)

undergroundling

Dear god!  Haven't you people learned any history in school?  The 16th century would be the years 1500-1599, the 17th would be 1600-1699.

QuoteThat's why we're living in the 21st century and it's only 2003.

Very correct, Hobbes, although it actually contradicts the fact you were trying to state  :P

Hobbes

*stands corrected*

*bows to undergroundling*

And I happen to call myself a teacher...  :o

TerranRich

Wrong.

What was the first year of the first century? Zero? There IS no year zero.

Therefore 16th century is from 1601-1700 and 17th is from 1701-1800.

That's why the 21st century really started in 2001, not 2000 as everybody (like sheep) proclaimed.

I take great pleasure in telling people this. :D

Hobbes

*grin*

*bows humbly for TerranRich as well*

So, now that we've got the rules sorted... a short teaser in the form of my main character:

Vel

I hope it'll take place in europe, not in the caribbean

Hobbes

LOL, yup. It's a European game... not clearly decided, but I'm thinking of going for London.

Vel

I'd personally go for Burbon France.

Czar

LOL, this turned into a pretty weird and not correct conversation, while everyone was trying to show which years  are actually 16th and 17th century, they did mistakes, all i can say that Vel was the closest, and whilst TerranRich missed a whole century, but we got his point ;).
So to get it straight
16th century - 1501-1600
17th century - 1601-1700
But that is also contradictary, because we look at century as hunderds, so if you se 745 that is 8th century, but 700 should ALSO be 8th century, because we count the 7!
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

TerranRich

... You're right, I messed that up.

1st century AD = 1 to 100 (100 years)
2nd century AD = 101 to 200 ( ' ' )
etc. etc.

That's what I meant.  :-[ :)

Trapezoid

Does it matter? It's not like any of us could manage to stay historical accurate anyway.

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Yay! I finally get to use the harpsichord concerto I've been writing in an ags game. That is, if I ever finish the concerto... or even make this mags game, which I doubt.

Ah well.

Evil

Damn, Just when I thought I would enter you give me one where I have to do research... Thats why I like doing MAGS durring school... :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk