August MAGS

Started by Vel, Fri 01/08/2003 09:58:40

Previous topic - Next topic

n3tgraph

Quote from: Hobbes on Fri 01/08/2003 16:49:36
*grin*

*bows humbly for TerranRich as well*

So, now that we've got the rules sorted... a short teaser in the form of my main character:

he doesn't look like guybrush at all :P
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Hobbes

Place the Guybrush sprite next to him.... there's distinct difference in pose, colours, expression.

So, yes, he doesn't look like him. Nor will his character resemble him in any way.

:)

taryuu

i dunno, if he doesn't look like him at all, then how come me and vel both thought of it before we even compared the two side by side?

is the main character going to pretend he's selling fine leather jackets?
I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

Jimi

I think they both slightly simalar because Guybrush is a classic example of what a pirate probably looked like, and so to make him look like a pirate, its only logical to use some of the things that guybrush also uses.

Nostradamus

That's MI2 Guybrush, he's even more alike MI1 Guybrush

Hobbes

I could have him sell leather jackets, taryuu. :)

Liked your picture.  :D

n3tgraph

well at least your character has a leather jacket :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

SSH

Quote from: Czar on Fri 01/08/2003 17:33:11
16th century - 1501-1600
17th century - 1601-1700

Darn, I was going to do a game, but the plot hinge son it being set in 1500, so it doesn't mee t the rules. Ah well, maybe next month  ;D

Ginny

I think one year difference isn't very important, is it? :P

Can't wait for the finished game, Hobbes!
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Hobbes

Ok,

After almost two weeks of working, I've finished my MAGS game. I know August isn't even half over, but my work is going to begin this friday. So, my free time will become limited.

And since I wanted to finish this one rather badly, I decided to spend a lot of time on it right now, and finish it!

The game's called "Buccaneer". You play an ex-Buccaneer by the name of Richard McRoch, an Englishman who now lives in Amsterdam...

...and strangely, one morning, you find a very important item missing. Soon. the quest is on as Richard sets out to retrieve his most prized possession!

Note: I am aware of the rather melodramatic ending. But I kinda like it. :)

Download: http://www.unosar.com/buccaneer/buccaneer.zip

Enjoy!

Ginny

I'm having some trouble downloading it, hmm..
first time it got to 7% percent and then there was an error and it cancelled itself, now it's been stuck on 3% for about 10 minutes.
odd..
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Hobbes

Try again... I've been uploading several updates tonight, so you probably tried to download it during one of my upload-moments. :)

For more discussion on the game, it's also listed in the "Completed Games" forum.

On another subject: Are there other people busy with this month's MAGS competition?

noed

I'm afraid to answer, as work is going slow, but I'm hoping to finish one in time. ;)
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

Hobbes

Cool!

I'm eager to see other people's ideas on the setting!

magintz

When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

noed

Sorry I can't offer you any competiton, Hobbes.  I am no where near finishing, and I'm pretty busy all of a sudden.  To satisfy your curiosity the game was about W. Shakespeare writing a play for Queen E.'s cousin's wedding.  He had to complete tasks (find ink to write with, convince someone to make costumes, etc.) in order to put on the play.  Here is some artwork I had been working on...
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

Vel

If you are going to enter MAGS with that game, its gonna be a tough competition.

Hobbes

Ah, pity Noed! Those pictures and the plot look really interesting. But real life has this annoying tendency to vacuum-suck your free time away...

...but well, you've got a few more days and the weekend's coming up. Maybe you can shorten is here and there and release it? Would be fun to play Shakespeare!

;)

sergiocornaga

What happened to all the early MAGS criteria like must include bill gates, all characters must have pink hair, stuff like that?  ??? Those were my favourite type of criteria..

evilspacefart

nice art noed, btw.
if you don't finish in time for mags, at least finish it anyway so the rest of us can play it. 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk